Do Angels Still Intervene?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rainman, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Do any of you think guardian angels actually do help people when they really need it? I've heard a number of tales that seem to suggest the angels will help when no one else can help us. What do you think? Ever had an experience where someone appeared out of thin air to provide help?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I do believe that angels are still among us. They're just here watching over us and helping us when we badly need intervention. They can come in the form of other people or any other means just to help us. They don't necessarily have to be the ones to appear before us but they can use other people so they could fulfill what they ought to do for us. I guess this is where the phrase "touched by an angel" comes from. :)

3. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I do believe they can intervene, but only when necessary and not if it was planned as such. I subscribe to the premise if you have tried to do what you can and then nothing works, or someone or something has prevented you, then an angel may intervene to balance things out. You don't always see or feel it, but you know sometimes a greater force can help out.

4. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Yes, I think angels both humans and in spiritual form can help us when we need it. We may not be aware of their presence but when things appear to be going well for unexpected reasons..we may have been touched by an angel I think. I had a lot of strong and good people in my family that have passed on, and when really good and unexpected things happen, I tend to think it was intervention from them in some way.

5. rz3300

rz3300 Guest

Well I do not have the answer, clearly, but I can say that I have my trusty "An Angel is with you to guide the way" pin on my key chain that has been there for years, so maybe if they are out there one of them sees that little thing and follows me around. It was a gift that I got from my Aunt and I have always liked it. On a real note, though, I do think that Angels exist, and they can very well be mortal.

6. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I believe in angels. I believe that even though we can't see them that doesn't mean they aren't real. I can't see light but I can feel it. I believe in God despite the many tragedies I've experienced. Divine forces always interfere in our lives whether we like it or not.

7. Troponin

Troponin Guest

As a Christian, I do believe in angels, however, I don't believe they intervene anymore. When Christ died for our sins, we were given free will, free from our fate, and free from divine intervention. I consider it bitter sweet.

I believe God is with us, and I believe the angels watch over us though

8. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I suppose the reason most people question the existence of angels is because they expect to see a beautiful huge celestial being with huge fluffy wings but angels can appear to us as humans. So maybe when a stranger offers some help it just could be angel in disguise or when you do something nice for homeless person who knows it just might be an angel!

9. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Being born and raised in a Catholic home, I am a firm believer of my religion. And part of the my belief is the existence of angels, those beings in another dimension that is more of spiritual than physical. When the so called blessing in disguise happens, I believe that angels have intervened. Like being left out by the bus and then the bus figured in an accident there's clearly an intervention. Aside from that, I also believe that angels give us the inspiration we need in order to pursue our daily life. The inventions we see like the internet is a gift from the heavens through the inspiration provided by the angels.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I have to admit that I struggle with any idea that's along these lines, mainly because I'm not and never have been all that religious.

I'm not saying angels don't exist or intervene, in fact I'd like them too and I hope they do, but I just find it hard to believe those sorts of things, especially when you look at what's going on in the world today.