Do New Technology Companies Need Extremely Strong Management?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by longtermbull, Jun 27, 2017.

1. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Over the years we have seen the emergence of some groundbreaking technology companies such as Amazon, Google and Tesla. What these companies tend to have in common is that initially they were dismissed by investors and made to work extremely hard to get where they are today. One other trait which is extremely important is that each and every one of these companies, and there are many more, has extremely strong management.

Fighting the good fight

Jeff Bezos, the founder and CEO of Amazon, found it extremely hard going in the early days as analyst dismissed a long-term future for his company. Concerns that profits were years away, margins were wafer thin and consumers were not too keen in buying products online all proved to be well wide of the mark.

Read full article here

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

3. longtermbull

Watched the start - will watch it all later - and looks very interesting. The company delivers to some of the most remote areas of the world!

Personally I would be a buyer of Amazon on the dips - the company has loyal customers, a great reputation and is spreading its tentacles to every part of the retail world.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Agreed.

And Bezos and co are ruthless.

5. longtermbull

They are all ruthless! From memory I think eBay acquired a lot of companies which were successful on their platform. I suppose they see all the figures and know what works and what doesnt work.