Do you believe in the afterlife?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by TheApollonian, Aug 30, 2015.

1. dr45

dr45 New Member

I think it is a possibility that there is an afterlife considering how much research has gone into it.

2. shyinvestor

shyinvestor Active Member

I wish there would ne something afterlife but I guess there won't be anything like that, at least scientifically there won't be anything after you die as the brains will just be shutdown and that's pertty much all.

3. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

To be the devil's advocate(I agree with you, though), they have done a lot of research for Bigfoot. Does that mean that Bigfoot is a real creature?

4. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

How could science prove an afterlife? Science, by nature, is the study of living things and the natural world. How could they prove something that is supernatural? By nature, science is not supposed to show us an afterlife because it cannot, by nature, describe/discover an afterlife. It's not possible for science to do it because science is not capable.

5. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I think that for most people at least there is an afterlife. what that consists of could be different for different people. Or maybe we immediately go to heaven and later are reincarnated into another body. All religions I think may have a piece of the truth as to what happens to us after we die. I am wondering if those who practice Eastern religions have the "white light" and heavenly experience too. I am going to have to google that!

6. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

My $0.02...I believe there is an afterlife, a hell and a heaven and an outer darkness, I believe that our souls will either inherit heaven or hell or the outer darkness in regard to the work we do and how we live our life as at right now.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I believe in something, but I'm just not sure what that is yet. I can't think that we just live, die and then that's it, there as to be a point or a reason to it all.

I dint believe in an afterlife like a lot of people do, heaven and hell and things like that, but I do think there's something.

8. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

So you do believe in something, like most people, but what? The fact is that no one knows and we live our live like we don't care instead of trying to dig deeper on that.

9. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Reincarnation maybe? That too would mean you believe that there is life after death only that you get to live in another body or in another parallel universe. Who knows? There's still so much about life that people don't know. All we ever get is 100 years or less. It isn't enough to know ALL about life and the universe to be sure of anything.

10. FrankieD

FrankieD Well-Known Member

If you need to learn more about how our bodies utilize energy you can make that inquiry and get real answers without looking toward something supernatural or magical. If you are going to claim that there is a "spiritual being that moves on" you must demonstrate this with real evidence otherwise it deserves to be thrown in with all the other unsupported claims made by humans - many of which have been shown to be false. People used to claim it was their neighbor's evil eye that ruined their crops. Now we know better because now we know to call BS on unsupported claims.

Any of us can make claims about an afterlife, but until someone can demonstrate or provide good evidence, it's all just talk and wishful thinking. It doesn't get a free pass because it is "spiritual."