Do you believe in the afterlife?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by TheApollonian, Aug 30, 2015.

1. mooray

mooray Well-Known Member

I believe life is a repeating cycle. You are born, die and born again but with no memories of your past life. I swear, when I was around 3 or 4 years old, I was convinced that I was someone else but I cant remember who. Even now I still feel it. I guess, it is just a feeling in my gut or my theory could be correct. Nobody knows for sure.

2. Amin

Amin Guest

and why is that? huh. why there has to be something more. be humble my friend and look around you it doesn't matter how many people die everyday and how many born because they don't matter, we don't matter as much as we think we do...

3. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

We all live once, die, and then comes judgment. We all either go straight to heaven or hell after we are judged by God. So if you're not saved you're not going to heaven. S when people say RIP about people that have passed, more than likely they're not resting in peace.

4. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I see the afterlife as the next stage a soul takes in learning. It's like taking exams, you can repeat them or go on to take harder ones based on what you have learned already. I don't believe in hell, because people (humans) do make mistakes and they can only learn from them if they go back and make amends. In the afterlife they learn what they did wrong, or plan what else they wish to learn.

5. Sam1am

Sam1am Guest

But we DO remember our previous lives, or at least snippets of them, especially young children up until age 6 or so. Many dreams we have are memory fragments from past lives rather than some Freudian thing,...or we go to a city or place we've never been to before, but we know our way around, in a Deja vu type experience, ...or we meet someone for the first time, and it's like we've known them forever, like the recognition of a soulmate. Of course, with regressive hypnosis we can recall our past lives in great detail. Our superconscious minds remember everything. Check out the work of Dr Brian Weiss, "Many Lives, Many Masters", and/or Dr Michael Newton, "Destiny of Souls".

6. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

No, you die and it's over. It gives one more incentive to make the most of the time they have while they are still breathing.

7. mobile

mobile Member

I personally believe there is an afterlife and it may be nothing like the life we have here in earth. I just think that souls must probably have a place where they can live forever since they die due to the absence of a physical body. I would admit that it is difficult to defend this stance, especially since no one has literally died and went to the afterlife then went back on earth to tell their story. But I guess it's a matter of faith.

8. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

In a way I do believe in the afterlife but not in the comfort that I will go to a better place when this mortal life comes to an end, but for the hope that the loved ones that I've lost are in a better place now. Not to go in to too much detail but my mum was in quite a bit of pain in the last few years of her life and I just hope she went to somewhere where she is at peace and free from her suffering.

9. lstryhrn

lstryhrn Active Member

I really think there is a after life but I don't believe its the kind of after life religion teaches. This universal is to big to believe in a religion after life. There is another part to it.

10. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

As a Soul gets older, they may recall their past lives more and will believe in an afterlife. I find it's the young souls that don't believe because they don't recall any past lives, because they haven't had many yet. I don't think it's worth trying to convince people otherwise, because at some point a soul will discover the truth for themselves.