Do you bother with cash-back credit cards?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by SteakTartare, May 22, 2014.

1. LittleMissMia

LittleMissMia Guest

Noo I don't own a credit card. I tend to stay away from them. I honestly don't even like trusting the banks with my money but I can't just leave large amounts of money laying around :p

2. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I also do not care much about credit cards, at the same time, I have heard that the process of getting money back is not that swift.

3. ash2014uk

ash2014uk Well-Known Member

I dont really like credit cards unless i need an emergency!
    However, i need to use it for my credit score to help in the future, which can be really annoying!

4. preyy

preyy Well-Known Member

My debit card is currently the best to consider... a credit card wouldn't suit my interests.

5. TheRealChris

TheRealChris Member

Credit cards are too much of a hassle for me. I'd rather just pay with cash, check, and debit.

6. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

I have never owned a credit card because paying in cash is more common in my region. I have read the benefits of credit cards in the creation of credit history. I believe that buying in credit may encourage impulse buying for me as shelling of physical cash is not involved in the transactions.

7. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I honestly rather not use credit card at all if possible, I think it's too much of a temptation, but I do see the benefits of cash back credit, as long as you pay your credit bill in full every single month, otherwise you're just paying for the interest and what do you think is the higher amount? What you pay the bank or what the bank gives you? It's never going to be in your favor...

8. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

I tend to use my debit card over any credit cards. I like debit cards better because it's a lot easier.

9. wvboarder

wvboarder Well-Known Member

For the most part no. I have one but only because it was the best rate I could find and had nothing to do with the cash back part. Besides it's usually just pocket change at best for most of them. I don't spend enough for it to be a worthwhile feature and I don't really get the people that do.

10. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I never used credit cards and I am not about to. If there is a high interest rate then I would not want to be left paying the bill.