Do You Dress up When at Home?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

It has become my routine to shower and wear something comfortable when I am at home. I have a friend who will not even bother to wash her face all day. She will stay in her bedclothes until it is time to sleep again. Do you put an effort in dressing well when at home?

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I very rarely spend an entire day at home. Even when I do, I shower and brush my teeth very early in the day. I wear very little when home alone - shorts or swim trunks and maybe a t-shirt or tank top in warm weather, sweat suits in cooler weather. I make myself a little more presentable for company - unless it's a pool party or a sleep over with a hot chick. :D

3. Kael

Kael Guest

I like to wear lounge clothes if I am going to be alone or working at home. But, if I have visitors, I will dress in more festive clothing for the theme. I like to have theme parties!

4. wvboarder

wvboarder Well-Known Member

Never. Whenever I'm staying at home it's relaxed clothes all the way. I don't see the point if it's not for something special, or at the very least going out in public. For awhile as a teen there wasn't a minute that went by where I wasn't wearing something nice but I think that was something to do with my ego. As I've aged I kind of have stopped caring and dress how I feel and not for much else.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Relaxed clothes all the way if I'm at home. Depending on the weather I might be wearing some sweat pants and a t-shirt or just running around in my underwear. I usually shower in the evening so that is the same regardless of what I am planning on doing the next day.

Obviously if there is someone visiting I'll put on something else than my boxers. :D Unless it's that hot chick JR mentioned. ;)

6. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

When I am at home I never dress up, I just wear as comfortable as I can, I am at home right, what's the point in dressing up?

7. jason

jason Guest

I do unless it's night time. I usually end up leaving the house a couple of times a day anyway. I don't have many loungey pieces of clothes so I save them for the evening. Wearing the same clothes I wear out in public doesn't bother me or feel uncomfortable.

8. caparica007

caparica007 Well-Known Member

This is a funny question, for me it's also rare to spend a whole day around the house, so I save my street clothes for when I go out. Also, like Peninha says, at home I want to be comfortable.

9. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I'll be clean and all but no dressing up...just casual clothes for the relaxed atmosphere that am in...sometimes i just might rewind my clothes{before you raise eyebrows}...outward clothes not inner wear, that's because when am in the house, i am rarely moving up and about, just in the relaxing zone :)

10. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I usually stay in my casual clothes that I wear while I am home. I only put on my pajamas when I go to bed or stay up late. Its not much of a issue when I go and put on my clothes that I wear at home.