Do You Dress up When at Home?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

It really depends if it's hot or not. In the summer when it's extremely hot we just want to be as light as possible.

2. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

On the rare occasion that I'll spend an entire day at home, I'll brush my teeth and wash my face as soon as I wake up - the same as every day - but then all I'll do it throw on a pair of shorts and slippers, just in case there's someone at the door at some point, I'm as comfortable as possible.

3. davidj96

davidj96 Member

I often never dress up when I'm at home! The few occasions I do happen to dress up are on holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. Other than that, the most I'll probably do is shower and toss on some comfortable clothing, usually pajamas. If I know that I have company coming over, than I'll throw on some jeans and a shirt, but nothing too dressy.

4. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

I never dress up at home, what is the point of it. I only wear t-shirt and shorts because it's the most comfortable clothes for me.

5. joebel

joebel Member

If I'm in my own house, that means only close friends or family will see me, so I don't really care what I wear or what they think of me.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

No, I don't dress up when I'm at home. Usually sweat pants and a t-shirt or shorts and a t-shirt. I enjoy dressing up but when I'm at home it's time to be comfortable and unwind. Just helps me to de stress and get ready for the day ahead. If I have people over, obviously I will dress up a bit more.

7. caparica007

caparica007 Well-Known Member

I think that we all want to be comfortable when we are at home, we need to be somewhat eccentric to be all dressed up at home haha.

8. ally79

ally79 Guest

No way! If I am at home I am in yoga pants or sweatpants and a t shirt. I just like to be comfortable when I am at home. I usually wear jeans and a t shirt when I go out too.

9. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member

Hardly ever, mostly I am just in a t-shirt and some old sweat pants. However, then I am in working clothes if I go outside and fix a car or something similar.

10. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Yep, being at home implies that relaxed side, unless you're mega rich and you always have the staff around you haha, hardly my case.