Do You Know Your First Cousins?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I am proud too say that , I do know my first cousins, my dad was the opposite, he made sure that we met all our cousins, he said that he did that so that we would not run into our cousins some where and start dating them ,without knowing that we are related, so I do know almost all my cousins.

2. ally79

ally79 Guest

I do know all of my first cousins, most of my second cousins, and some of my third cousins. Most of my family stayed pretty close to the area so there are family reunions and such a couple of times a year.

3. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Third cousin is second cousins' offspring correct ? And so on and so forth. Yea I know one I think.

4. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Sometimes families are so big that cousins end up marrying cousins and they never know it lol, it's not my case, but I do know people like that.

5. wulfman

wulfman Guest

They know they are marrying their cousins and still do ? Okay.

6. Gelsemium

LOL, I was just saying that it might happen in small cities because everyone ends up being the family of someone, there aren't that many people around.

7. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I know all of my first cousins and we are very close. I think it is quite easy to have a healthy relationship with your cousins. I am actually quite surprised about this is questions as I think every body would know about their first cousins.

8. Gelsemium

That might not be the fact in numerous families and in some cases a distance just grows between people. For example, just yesterday I was with a cousin I use to be best friends with and now we only see each other once or twice per year.