Do you like what you do?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Profit5500, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Fredrick Jones

Fredrick Jones Well-Known Member

I feel the advice is more geared towards being successful in work. If you hate your job, then you will not do well at your job. So what ever the job, you have to enjoy doing it to be successful. The best salesmen are ones that enjoy talking to people. Usually for them it is not even really selling, it is more socializing all day long and then they just happen to make a sale. Whether you are a truck driver or a brain surgeon it is important you enjoy your job.

2. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

Well, right now I can say I'm okay with my current situation. I'm not filthy rich but I'm not poor either but I'm quite contented and so far I like what I'm doing with my life. My husband and I quit our day jobs 5 years ago and decided to be self-employed. I like the fact that I'm able to take care of my family while making money too. Being self-employed gave us the luxury of time to spend more with family while earning.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

At the moment what I'm doing now pays the bills and sees that I'm comfortable. Do I actually like my job, well that's a different story. I used to spend every hour God sent, trying to work my way up to a better position, these days though I've realised there's a lot more to life than working.

4. Calamity

Calamity Member

In general I do. If I didn't I believe I would change something. Of course I can understand how one might end up doing something they don't enjoy. It has happened to numerous friends of mine, and they end up feeling trapped by it. Personally I've never felt that way which I'm very happy about. I'd prefer to keep it that way which presumably It will stay that way. Unless my mindset changes.

5. hijin

hijin Guest

Though my classmates back in college are working out of the country and earning more than I do, I am not complaining. I love what I do though what I am currently doing is close to my dream job. I work in the mornings Monday through Friday, go out after work without overtime demands from bosses. I have the whole weekend to myself like a student, and I do as I please. I go out of the country as a tourist who enjoys rather than as a worker. So, I am satisfied with what I have right now. I realized it is all about perspective, that sometimes, the grass is not always greener in the other side of the fence.

6. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

That is a hard decision, switching countries. I have considered it, but fortunately I am managing here, so I prefer to stay before I make a radical change and go for the uncertain.

7. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying things a lot as it is. I'm working as an organic synthesiser and hope to soon have enough to start myself in the cooking business!