Do You Manage Your Own Investment Funds?

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by longtermbull, Jul 12, 2018.

1. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

When you bear in mind the performance of the US stock market over the last 12 months, it does beg the question, should you manage your own investment funds or place them with investment managers/collective investments?

2. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

It depends on your experience, risk profile and what you are looking for in the longer term. Also, dont forget that when the markets turn your funds will move with markets - although in reality you would be able to switch into cash at any time.

Personally I would prefer to manage at least 50% of my own investments going forward, using managed options to give me some steady long term backbone.

3. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

Personally I have some experience of investing funds from a previous job and do prefer to keep control of my own investment funds. However, I also have some assets which are invested through managed funds which I don’t touch. I see these as my backbone with the funds under my control for more speculative long-term investments.