Do you prefer to dress code with lots of care?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by shilpa123, Jan 4, 2015.

1. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

I always give a quick glance at the mirror before leaving home. Usually I know all my jeans/shirt pants/shirt etc combinations and i know how they look. I never leave the house without checking the mirror to see my clothes/face.

2. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I won't lie, am a mirror person, i prefer to check myself out... before i leave the door, just to be sure everything is in check, although i dress for myself, not others, still for decency's sake, i do 3-4 slow looks to the mirror on the wall...to ensure am well dressed...then i can head out!

3. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

The only time I really care about my outfit is when I'm either heading to an important meeting or interview. The rest of the time, I couldn't care less.

4. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

I was told a very long time ago that success is a package deal. You should care about the way you dress, the way you act and the car you drive. It is hard for people to accept you as a professional if you do not look the role. You could be the brightest, smartest person on the planet but if you did not look the part and have the knowledge base to back yourself up forget it.

I never really believed the whole car thing, after all it sits in a lot and who really knows which one is yours right? If you work a professional career that is somewhat high profile, people will know and it is important you are not over the top, but not in a rusty old jalopy either. Especially if your giving investment advice. Would you take investing advice from someone that looks like they are a paycheck from skid row? With that being said, we all have to start from somewhere, so I think making smart choices in attire that can be used for a long time with minor additions along the way is the best idea going. Spend on a suit jacket, and buy a cheaper pair of pants. The suit jacket makes much more of a statement and is what is seen, buy good socks, have a nice watch. Things of that nature go a long way in making you fit into the whole business personae.

5. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

I care a little bit of what I care wear but I want it to be more comfortable as possible. I only wear dark clothes and jeans.