Do you prefer to take a nap in the afternoon when you are at home?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by shilpa123, Jan 12, 2015.

1. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I think it is totally relaxing to take a
    nap in the afternoon whenever you are at home. But it is also known to make a person unhealthy and is considered quite a bad practice. What do you usually do in the afternoon?

2. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Well, I can't take naps lol. Sadly. The only situations when I can do it it's after lunch if I just had too much to it and my body like collapses, but this might happen once per year at the most.

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

Nope, I feel like I am wasting my day if I take a nap. The only time I lay down during the day is if I have a bad migraine and can't function. I wish I could take a nap every once in a while as I get very tired. I have been dealing with some insomnia lately so I have a hard time even sleeping at night.

4. SamClemensMT

SamClemensMT Well-Known Member

Funny I never heard that a nap could make you unhealthy. But I'd rather spend my time being productive. As Gordon Gekko said in the movie "Wall Street", you can sleep when you're dead. I'll buy that.
    GordonG.jpg

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Rarely. If I take a nap then often it makes me stay up late in the evening. Though Sometimes it does feel great.

6. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

I love to take naps in the afternoon. I am thinking of doing that right now. I am currently living in an apartment that has very thin walls. One of my neighbor’s like banging things around especially if she suspects that I have fallen asleep. She wakes me up every time I take a nap. She puts on very loud music that can wake the dead. My radio is on right now and the atmosphere is perfect for a nap.

7. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

Man, I miss taking naps in the afternoon. Being stuck in a 9-18 job now is pretty sucky and doesn't feel rewarding. But those cozy, sweet, 15pm naps...

8. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I have the impression that the Spanish and the Mexican are the nap pros, but this might be just a myth. Either cases, I think that with our working hours it's really hard to take a nap.

9. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Funny thing is any time I attempt to take an afternoon nap, when I get up, I feel sick. Totally sick. I must even take some pain killers to kill the headaches. Because my body reacts badly to afternoon naps, even if I wanted to, to avoid what follows, I wouldn't try sleeping in the afternoon. I don't know if it's a psychological issue but I suppose it isn't too bad. Keeps from wasting time.

10. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

I have an afternoon nap maybe once a month. Usually if I haven't slept well the night before and I have to go and do things in the evening. I'm useless otherwise. Doing this too often can really mess with your sleep patterns though.