Do you prefer to take your laptop everywhere you go?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by shilpa123, Jan 23, 2015.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Yes, I usually take my laptop wherever I go. I work from homd at times. But sometimes I'll go down to Starbucks or Panera Bread to grab a bite to eat and do some work so I won't be as distracted as I am at home. This thread reminded me that I need to upgrade my laptop. Had this one for a while.

2. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I don't take my laptop everywhere no because I don't have a need for it, usually just when going for some days away I take, so that I am not disconnected for the world.

3. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Am normally stuck at home most of the time...plus its heavy and bulky...so no, i don't carry it everywhere i go...its best it stays at home :)...plus i don't want anyone in the neighborhood to know i have a laptop...the politics in this neighborhood are just too much, so is the snooping around....hence discretion about my personal life/items are best staying in the dark!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  4. owesem75

owesem75 Well-Known Member

with Tablets and ****s around, I no longer bring my laptop with me all the time. Whenever I go visit a client for a presentation, my tablet can do the work already. My laptop stays at home and I only use that to write long narratives, watch movies, make/design presentations and that's it. I also use the tablet to play games, check FB, chat, watch youtube short-videos, etc. It makes my life easy and my work efficient.

By the way, I use dropbox to share data from my laptop to tablet to my office desktop. very cool technology.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I don't need to lug anything around because by the time I clock my8 hours of work, it's too late to take a laptop with me say if I have I'm going to shop for groceries or anything. In any case I have schedule which I stick to no matter what. If I have to browse or use a computer then it's only done when I'm at home and only during the allocated hours.

6. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I prefer to use my laptop everywhere but I find it way too difficult to carry it around. I believe that it can be done in a better way if we learn how to manage between our schedules.

7. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

Come to think about it, if I have to move around the city my tablet is much easier to use. But if I have to go out of city or work travel, i'd rather take my laptop.

8. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Well-Known Member

I never take my laptop with me unless I have to, and I don't even have a smartphone either. I don't enjoy it, so I don't unless I have to, which fortunately is not very often.

9. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

No , I don't take my laptop anywhere except for school and school related stuff. Kinda hurts my back, I know you can hold it with a laptop bag but it's much more safer if you have it on your back than in your hand.

10. BullishFTW

BullishFTW Member

Only on occasion like vacation. I'm getting the I phone 6 plus soon and will be happy to have that all the time. Funny thing is actually making a phone call is the lamest feature on the phone.