Do you prefer to take your laptop everywhere you go?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by shilpa123, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Glcameron

Glcameron Well-Known Member

I tend to take my laptop everywhere I go but I find that sometimes it's unnecessary so I made sure that I got the newest Samsung phone to go with my tablet so I could sync everything. I'm constantly needing to update some information when it comes to my position in Journalism or complete homework in a new setting so I tend to have my computer bag with me as much as I have my purse with me.

2. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

I don't have a laptop at all. I prefer a desktop whilst working at home and find that my smartphone does everything I need when I'm out. But I do always have a mobile device with me.

3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

For basic computing a smart phone will do. It will handle emails and google functions/maps. But for a guy like me that needs the extra computer resources, I need my laptop all the time. It a necessity.

4. teastocks

teastocks Well-Known Member

Most of the time I only go everywhere with my laptop when I am traveling other than that if I am just going on the road for something or I am heading over to a family members house then I do not go with it.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I never carry my laptop everywhere I go because when I leave the house I have no intention of spending time on the net, which is what I use it [the] laptop for, most of the time. If I really need to "google" something then I'll use my phone. It's more convenient than taking a laptop everywhere I go.

6. chelseadeview

chelseadeview New Member

Yes I do prefer to take my laptop with me wherever I go. If someone breaks into my house when I am not home, that is the first thing they are going to take.

7. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I like to have it handy, but I am not always on it because having electronics constantly at my fingertips is bad for my brain and my creativity.

8. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

I'm news-addicted, so I need something to take with me which will keep me informed whenever. In fact, this is probably the sole reason I acquired a laptop, but don't quite know the reason it needed to be this expensive, haha.
    So, yeah, I prefer having it with me everywhere I go. But it's only for reading news; for things such as gaming or BTC mining, then I have a separate desktop which fulfills my needs.