Do you remember?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by cmiller, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Annabell

Annabell Well-Known Member

As long as you had fun, that's all that matters really. You're obviously making better money now, and are more sensible with it, so that's good.

2. richc3

richc3 Senior Investor

Big check? No.
    I remember my first small business check though that was trivial in value. I probably made sweat shop level wages after countless hours of work, but it still felt great to work for myself. Naturally, in due time the proceeding checks were much higher, but nothing felt as good as the first one.

3. JoshD1990

JoshD1990 Active Member

I made a terrible but fun investment: my car!

4. sully3333

sully3333 Member

With the way you're describing it, I have to ask: what kind of car?

5. ash2014uk

ash2014uk Well-Known Member

I was very happy for a while!
    I just put it into my savings and i used some of it for Uni stuff to help me.

6. preyy

preyy Well-Known Member

I didn't save it, and now I have my own remorses because I spent it on ephemeral gimmicks. Eh, it happens, but I had fun, I can't complain, a vacation hasn't hurt anyone until today! :)

7. comeonpk3

comeonpk3 Member

I had a fun time with it, and went on a huge shopping spree. Even though I could've done better things with it and maybe made a profit for myself, I don't regret it, seeing as I was able to indulge myself.

8. Paul

Paul Active Member

I saved most of it, and started to save up for a new phone with the rest. It isn't really "big", it's my first summer job before college, but considering I went from a $10 a week allowance to a paying job, it was a big jump.

9. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

My first paycheck actually lasted me about 10 minutes, but it's OK because I got that Summer job precisely for the goal of buying what I did.
    So I got the money at the end o the day, went to chenge into my regular clothes and went straight to the store :) I think I got about $10 in change from the $700 I got paid ...

10. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member

I got my first big check for summer job maybe 6-7 seven years ago. I got around 400$. I deposited it to my bank account.