Do you skip breakfast

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Profit5500, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I don't see anything wrong with skipping breakfast because if you are not hungry, then you are not hungry. I tend to wake up not feeling much like eating and so I just pack a granola bar with me to tide me over until lunch time. It really has never effected me adversely before so I do not worry about it too much.

2. ally79

ally79 Guest

I skip breakfast more often than not because I am just not hungry in the mornings. The only times in my life where I have eaten breakfast regularly was when I was pregnant with my kids and I did that for them and not for me.

3. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I usually do not skip meals as it is the most important meal of the day. But at times, when I have some very important work, I do skip my breakfast, and I feel guilty about it later on.

4. Tara

Tara Active Member

I used to skip breakfast all the time. I have recently started eating something for breakfast. I notice that I eat less during the day. I don't feel starved around lunch time. I just eat a couple pieces of fruit and/or nut bar. That seems to do the trick. I'm not overly hunger and don't overeat.

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I eat breakfast on a daily basis unless my alarm clock doesn't work haha, in those cases I just rush to work and eat something there, I need to be on time!

6. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Normally, no, I eat a full breakfast. I work long, hard hours and the body needs fuel to keep moving through the day. There are some days, however, were it is so over the topic hectic that I just limit it to coffee though.

7. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I rarely skip breakfast as it is the part and parcel of my living. I believe it can be really crazy if I skip my breakfast and then go for work. It can be very tedious and can cause health problems.

8. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

I pretty bad at having breakfast. I realize it's meant to be the most important meal in the day but I tend to be less focused and more busy at that time of the day. When I do have breakfast it tends to be toast or a fruit shake.

9. Willl24_

Willl24_ Member

I don't have time to eat breakfast in a morning, but sometimes I'll grab something like a bacon sandwich when I'm out and about, just to keep me going. Being hungry is one of the worst feelings. I don't skip any other meals though, they're all as important as each other.

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

No, I never miss breakfast. Whether its pop tarts, cereal, a boiled egg or a full blown breakfast, I always have something. I don't function well without it and i'm usually pretty irritable. So its really a necessity.