Do you skip breakfast

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Profit5500, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I am having stomach issues and not even in this case I skip my breakfast lol, I guess I am just too used to have it, my day always starts eating. :)

2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Wait so what time do you wake up then Gel? Today I woke up around 6:25am this morning. I was not feeling too well since I did not get that much rest.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I always put something in my stomach. If I'm not hungry before leaving for work, I'll mix up 2 cups of whole milk, 2 scoops of chocolate whey protein powder, 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter, and a banana or perhaps a cup of berries in the blender.

Maybe add a teaspoon of honey or even a little of your favorite ice cream if you have a sweet tooth.

Either drink it in one sitting or sip on it throughout the morning. It's very good tasting and nutritious, with plenty of calories, carbs, protein, and good fats to keep you going until lunch.

4. owesem75

owesem75 Well-Known Member

As much as I would like to be early in the office, one thing I don't like to miss is BREAKFAST. This is one of the most important meal that we need to have to get going for the rest of the day. It's like filling your petrol tank before heading to wherever you are going. At night, I tend to eat a little (or skip) since, I will be sleeping anyway, I only make sure that I am well hydrated. if ever in the middle of the night, I would wake up to visit the toilet, I will pass by the water dispenser to replenish the water in my system.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I, from time to time skip breakfast out of necessity. I get up at around 7:30 and must be outdoors doing some work for at least 4 hours. By the time I'm done, I prefer to have an early lunch and dispense with breakfast. Actually I never feel hungry in the morning because my body has got accustomed to it.

6. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Not as early as you Profit. I usually get up at 6:50am to get to work at 8:30am, but in between I need to take my younger kid to school, so that takes me some time.

7. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I usually eat breakfast and totally love it. I think it can be quite useful in every possible manner to eat a good amount of breakfast. It keeps you going the entire day.

8. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I usually do not skip breakfast but sometimes when there is not enough time, I definitely end up skipping it. It makes me regret the entire day but I do prefer to enjoy a later snack after some time.

9. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

So what do you do for your line of work Gel? I am still on that unemployment line.

10. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

I do my best not to skip breakfast as it just messes with my day if I do. I'm hungry and irritable the rest of the day and really don't have any energy. So even I can't cook a real breakfast, I'll grab a nutri-grain bar or something just to make sure I have something in my stomach before starting the day.

If you're working out and trying to lose weight, skipping breakfast is the absolute worst thing you can do with regards to your eating habits. Slows down your metabolism and your workout later on won't be productive or effective. Need that good start to the day for your body.