Do you think Hillary will be indicted?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by SteakTartare, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Do you think Hillary will be indicted?

Poll closed Nov 1, 2016.
  1. Yes, she will. No doubt.

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. The FBI will recommend it, but DoJ won't do it.

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. No way. The political class doesn't jail their own.

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. I am not sure as of this writing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Well, there is the constant drip-drip of bad news for one Hillary Rodham Clinton concerning her e-mail server and mishandling of secret information. The question everyone is asking is while she be indicted for said. So, I thought it would be interesting to start a poll on the board to see where others sit on the issue.

Thanks for voting and opining.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

While I don't have a crystal ball, my best educated guess is that the FBI will recommend it, and the DOJ will just sit on it and run out the clock.

But there will be fallout. It is already affecting her candidacy.

It's amazing to me that so many dems still don't care. And sad that with all of the evidence that has been leaked already that some just say that there's no "there" there - that it's all "Fox News propaganda", and a "vast right wing conspiracy" that apparently the FBI is even part of now. :rolleyes:

3. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I would be very surprised if Hillary got indicted. I am not sure what she did rose to the level of criminal intent, and even so, even if it qualifies under that statute, I don't see it happening. However, that being said it may just well ruin her campaign for President. We will have to see what happens in the upcoming states.

4. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

I do not think that Hillary Clinton will be indicted. That can not happen.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

No, I don't think Hillary will be indicted. Should she be? Of course. I just don't think it will ultimately happen. The Clintons have been engaging in unethical, shady behavior for quite some time. And they've yet to pay any type of price for it. They are arguably the most powerful couple on the planet. I see no reason why this time will be any different. It's sad, but just the reality. The Clintons seem to be above the law.

6. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

Most definitely not. All those people in high up positions have power and there's a reason none of them see a jail cell. She's BEEN lying for a very long time, and nothing has been done. She's been exposed, but that's it. Nothing will come of it. Just like all the other high end political figures who are puppets.

7. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

While the evidence seems, frankly, overwhelming at this point, I too have some doubt that the Department of Justice will let it happen. Goodness knows they've quietly made a veritable parade of scandals quietly disappear. Though this one will be pretty hard to completely sweep under the rug and the timing could very well be right in the middle of a contentious primary season.

8. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

No, she won't be indicted because while the actions were 'questionable' that would then set a precedent for all 'questionable' behaviors in The White House. If you are going to indict people who are no longer in office, then that's a fair number of people that have done the same kinds of things and covered them up.

9. eddiemoneys

eddiemoneys Well-Known Member

It's not going to happen. The Clintons are above the law and have been for quite some time. Beyond that, Obama's involvement with Benghazi made an unholy alliance between her and him even more than usual to where they have to protect each other when the hammer comes down on that. Not saying that one may throw the other under the bus to try and save their hide, but even if they do that we all know that nothing will come of it because she is Hillary Clinton. That's just how it works in politics since the 90's. We're talking about a woman who was thrown off of the Watergate investigation when she was just a junior member of the House Judiciary Committee's legal staff. She was dishonest then, and she is dishonest now. Not even the underhanded people in politics can trust her, because she is even more underhanded than they are! There's no way that she's going to see an ounce of jail time or justice for what she has done. None. I'd like to be more objective on it than that, but I'm sorry...I just can't. She's pretty much a free bird no matter what she does as long as she does it to anyone and everyone under her.

10. anders

anders Well-Known Member

There'll be a "thorough" investigation, and the FBI will leave the door open to prosecution (how could they not, there is clearly a prima facie case to be put before the courts), but I somehow doubt she'll ever face a jury of her peers. Not sure how'll they'll fudge it though, as she has essentially admitted to the material basis of a crime.