Do You Think the Soul Is Immortal?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rainman, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Sam1am

Sam1am Guest

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience". - Pierre Tielhard de Chardin

Ok, like most people, I was a "materialist" who only accepted those things I could see, touch and feel. I had FAITH in scientific THEORIES about the world around us. Then one day science - quantum physics - proved that consciousness was not merely a product of brain function, that all particles in our universe are connected, and that past, present and future time exists contemporaneously. These findings were sufficient to cause me to re-examine my belief system.

Through past life hypnotic regression I have experienced snippets of four previous lives...the most recent of which I've been able to verify. Our consciousness - call it "soul" or "spirit" if it pleases you - most definitely is eternal.

2. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

What do you make of the resurrection of Christ? Was he reincarnated but reincarnated into himself? (I think that might be something like the Trinity)

The fact that this stuff cannot be proven or dis-proven makes it all the more interesting and fascinating to me.

3. Xauras

Xauras Well-Known Member

There is no reincarnation in scripture, unless you mean being brought back from the dead as was Lazarus. The bible clearly states ...'And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:' and those that die in Christ will come back with Christ at the end of the tribulation (As they have been raptured away prior) to war with the beast and his followers at Har Meggido.

believers go on to eternal life while unbelievers go onto eternal punishment.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  4. Sam1am

Sam1am Guest

Actually the bible DID make references to reincarnation, but they were removed by the Romans when Rome converted to Christianity, thinking that such references would weaken the church.

5. Xauras

Xauras Well-Known Member

The bible is the inerrant word of God, which He preserved for us throughout the centuries, but beware of false gospels and new versions, they all have an agenda to remove the deity of Christ. Stick with the KJV (king James Version).

6. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

The Trinity is a construct of theologians.
    Meaning there is one God. Now to answer your question, was Jesus reincarnated? No. Reincarnation is for everyone who at the time they die aren't spiritually mature. Jesus's incarnation had one purpose. He fulfilled it and because it was fulfilled, there was no need for Him to come back.

7. Sam1am

Sam1am Guest

I highly recommend the books by Michael Newton, PhD, "Journey of Souls", and the follow up "Destiny of Souls". These are NOT religious writings, but detail the journey of souls from time of death, entering the afterlife, greetings by friends/family, our spirit guides, life reviews, the council of elders, our soul group, soul maturity, study groups, planning for next incarnation, departing. The information is compiled from many hundreds of case files involving life between lives hypnotic regression. The information and detail is amazing, and will change your life.

8. Xauras

Xauras Well-Known Member

Jesus wasn't re-incarnated, he was raised from the dead - Resurrected.

There is One God, but Jesus, was 'God with us' Here John explains it without question...John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So Jesus was the 'Word' and the Word was with God and the 'Word' was God, we can distinctly see God has two attributes but is still One god. And the 'Word' became flesh. And just like man has two attributes... who was formed from the dust and had breathed into him a living soul...Genesis 2:7 'And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

As you can see we also have two attributes, (Made in the image of God)
    But what about the Spirit?....I think the Spirit is an extension of the soul, and not seperate, the reason is in scripture the soul and spirit are used interchangeably.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  9. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

Well... what to say about Jesus really? Raised from the dead? Reincarnated? Who of us can tell that for sure?

10. Xauras

Xauras Well-Known Member

Well from my understanding someone who dies and comes back as they were is raised from the dead, whereas a reincarnated person has no knowledge of any previous existence.

And the Bible refutes any form of reincarnation as it clearly states ...'And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:' ...No mention of another chance or another life, we die and we face judgement. And those who have died in Jesus have been saved from judgement because of their belief in him. While others shall be judged for their sins and punished in an eternal hell.

So we had better get this one right guys. God sent His only Begotten Son to die a horrible death in payment for our sins, if we turn our back on that huge sacrifice then he has every right to turn his back on us. And this is exactly what he will do. Unfortunately people do not want to hear that today, they want their faith all wrapped up in a nice cosy wrapper and gently fed to them. And as a result hardly anyone although they are familiar with hell are preparing themselves for the Great day of Judgement where if they know not Christ will be cast into eternal torment.

"He that rejecteth me and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him. The word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day" John 12:48.

But how can we be sure that there really will be a day of Judgement? We can be sure there is a judgement because he proved there would be a Judgement by his own resurrection from the dead....The apostle Paul said, "God now commandeth all men everywhere to repent because he hath appointed a day in the which he will judge the world by righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained, whereof he hath given assurance unto all men in that he hath raised him from the dead" Acts 17:30,31.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015