Do you think there will be a 3rd influential party in the near future?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by queenbellevue, Apr 6, 2015.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

There are times when I'd like to see a third party rise up. But there are so many different ways so many go on so many issues.

Personally, I'd like a party that is largely fiscally conservative and largely socially libertarian, with a limited federal government doing little more than providing a strong military / national defense, controlling immigration, and maintaining our interests abroad.

I really like some Republicans and agree with them on most issues, but I also think many Republicans are too much like Democrats on too many issues. I find it hard to agree with most of today's Dems on very much, and some of them are just WAY out there.

I also think government and religion should be kept separate - that's probably my main issue with Republicans, and seems to be where they stick their feet in their mouths and blow it.

Regardless, the media is biased in favor of the Democrat party, and our country has more Dems than Republicans.

2. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

Until very recently, I have felt like I was aligned with many of the views that the Libertarians had, but I do not really associate myself much with a political party anymore. If I had to choose, it would be them, but there is just too much of a wolf in sheep's clothing type deal going on there. I do not like any of the current political candidates at all, from any party, but I think that the Libertarians and the Green Party are going to be the most influential third parties.

3. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

You are not wrong. Many high school and college aged people are starting to align themselves with the libertarian party.