Do you vote?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Onionman, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Turbolag

Turbolag Active Member

I vote sometimes.

I think I will vote in 2016.

I've wondered also, if the votes are not actually counted and the govt already knows who they want in office, but I've never seen any proof of that.

Sometimes I don't vote because I don't follow politics, and I don't really know WHO to vote for.

I can't say I'm a republican OR democrat. I think for the next election, I'll try to learn more about the candidates, and make a decision on who to vote for.

2. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Yes i have voted twice...and am sad to say it was merely out of peer pressure, i never want to vote again, i can honestly say i never liked both experiences...i guess am so anti-politics :(

3. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I never used to vote, then I decided to start voting, at the end of it all, I do not think it makes a difference at all.

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I vote, because I feel that I can't complain about the state of our political situations if I don't at least have a say in the elections. I get upset with those who will sit there and say how people are stupid for voting "so and so" in, or that an initiative passed or failed, but did not do their civic duty to have a say in the election. At least if the vote did not go my way, now I have something to complain about.

5. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I think dianethare that everyone is getting tired of voting. With all the political who blah it is sad to say that the voting system is nothing more than a crash course. I would vote still just to get my opinion in there but it is like now or never with the change.

6. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

I don't vote, not because I don't think it won't make a difference (although it actually won't, since here in my country we have a ONE PARTY system), but because I can't be bothered. I don't want to get up early on a Sunday, get dressed and go stand in line for hours just to tick a box on a piece of paper. I'm not too happy with the way the country's being run, but there's only ONE party, so really there's no point. In America, at least you guys get TWO main parties and have the option to vote for other parties as well.

7. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

The government from my country has made the biggest cuts in history and most likely will be reelected. Our former prime-minister is in prison. So, what's the point in voting?

8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

9. wahmed

wahmed Well-Known Member

Ofcourse I vote. I am legal and rightfully can vote so why should I not decide who makes my life's decisions. Of course my one vote makes a difference

10. mattattack

mattattack Member

I think it's really irresponsible not to vote. If you want to register your frustration with the candidates or the system you should spoil your ballot rather than not show up. Thats the easiest way to have your dissent heard. In response to tourniques comment about there being too much money - you guys should adopt the British system, our election campaigns only last a couple of weeks and parties aren't allowed to spend more than £200,000