Does Anyone Have The Right To Rename The Moon?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Feb 25, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Well I am sure some entrepreneurs are eager to colonize the moon so they can sell plots of land. I can see it now! excellent view of the solar system, Create you own zen garden in your front yard. HA...not in my lifetime I don't think. However, I think commercial space travel will become more and more of a reality. I hope to get into space., before I check out...although some my argue I have been there all along!

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I think within 30 years space travel will start to be more or less available to the regular people. There are now so many private companies in the field and they are advancing fast. And as with all private companies they will have to make money somehow, so tourism will definitely be a part of it at some point.

3. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I've also heard about this before too. Imagine just how much this person has already earned from selling plots on what he claims as his property. And i also couldn't imagine how someone could buy from a person who only claims that he owns the moon. For me, I'd rather believe it if it was Neil Armstrong who claimed that he owned the moon because he has actually been there.

4. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I think all countries and peoples have the right to rename the moon if they wanted to but why would they? Why does this Utah based group want to rename it, it's not theirs. The moon is fine as it is.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

On a similar note, there is this company called Uwingu that let's you pay to name a crater on Mars. It's not exactly an official name, it's just the name they use in their maps.