Does God have a plan for us?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rosyrain, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

That is the thing, as you mention it, it's a big plan, so we don't have the capacity to see it and many times we believe that god doesn't exist. As far as I see it, deny god is to deny the existence in itself.

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Before the earth was created, God had a plan for humans. The plan was for all humans eventually to be with HIM where He dwells. That's why in scripture we are told the Lamb was slain [it was known He'd have to die for the salvation of mankind] before man even came to be. So yes, God does have a plan for mankind and wants them all saved. But it's up to man to choose his destiny. If God chose our path for us, would we be any different from robots programmed to do a certain task over and over and over? We have free will [to do whatever we please] so plan or no plan, the decisions we make are the ones which ultimately determine whether we follow that plan or don't.

3. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

Just like some people pointed out above, I really don't think God ( if He exists ) would ever intend to hurt His child if he of course didn't want it deliberately. That, I can't explain myself. Why there's poverty, suffering, torments, war-striken people who have absolutely no control over their fate other than hoping things will get alright eventually?

4. GeeCee

GeeCee Member

Misery and horror are not caused by God. There is a Bible verse that says "the rain falls on the just and unjust alike." What does that mean? We all go through stuff, no one is immune. How we choose to continue in the midst of those trials and tribulations, we have control over that too. When we choose to follow what God teaches by faith, we honor him in doing so. People are martyred for their faith every day. We can choose to sink in our own misery, or take comfort in knowing that there is a God who cares, who wants to look out for our best interest, and who actually cares about what we go through.

5. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

Do you mean me? You do know there's no such thing as Satan, right? The Devil is merely a concept dreamed up by ancient people in positions of power as a way of keeping the masses in line.

6. Timber

Timber Member

Waiting for a plan

While we are waiting for a clear plan, I am certain we should all be following the Golden Rule.

7. In the running

In the running Well-Known Member

There is an old saying......"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans". Meaning of course that his plan trumps anything we can do.

Personally, I don't believe anything concocted by man that falls under the heading of religion. I believe in Karma and that is what keeps my wheels turning in a (G)ood (O)rderly (D)irection.

8. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

We suffer because we are fallen/in sin...someone explained to me that way, it sort of makes sense, yes God does love us but because of our fallen estate, then comes the suffering, turmoil and all other bad things that the evil one dumped on us when he was cast out of Heaven, Yes God has a plan for everyone {Jeremiah 29:11} For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not harm you, to give you a future and hope :)

9. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

...or {G}iving {O}urselves {D}aily, being in service of others, good examples can be Mother Teresa, the Good Samaritan...even Jesus Christ while He was here on earth, He was in service to others...healing the sick, comforting the disheartened, feeding huge multitudes...just to name but a few :)

10. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

If he does he is one unfair God, I mean some people are blessed on this earth and born with loving and caring parents. Other children are beaten and or starved or born into stark poverty. Some are born with severe disabilities. I think the idea that God has a plan for us is something that people who are scared of life created. That is not saying that in general God does not want the best for his earthly family, if you believe in him or a divine being.