Does God have a plan for us?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rosyrain, Jul 28, 2015.

1. janerovil

janerovil New Member

As a Christian, I believe that God has a plan for us. Everything that happened in our lives are planned. We may be in at our lowest point in life now but it is God's plan.

2. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

I agree that there is a plan, or better than a plan, a list of commitments that we have. We can change them or not depending on our actions, like what happened in our past lives.

3. norms options

norms options Well-Known Member

Wow, such a variety of opinions here. It is a very thought provoking question, to say the least. I, for one, am a believer, and by that, I mean that I believe that God exists, and that his son Jesus Christ came to earth in human form to die on the cross for our sins. What a sacrifice!! When I think about what that means, it is mind boggling. I also believe that God does have a plan for each of us, and that, as others have remarked here, he gave us free will to choose our own destiny, which is the cause of most of our own suffering. There is spiritual warfare happening constantly, and we get to choose how we want to live our life while we are here. I choose to do my best to follow whatever plan God has for me and am always trying to discern what it is that he wants me to do with my life, and I know that I have been truly blessed in my life. However, the greatest blessing and gift that God gives us is the promise of eternity in heaven, and all we have to do to receive it is to believe.

4. adwilk1218

adwilk1218 Member

I don't believe in a preordained fate for anyone. Nor do I believe in a god. I think that gods were created for humans to control other humans, mainly for monetary reasons. I believe that there is a greater meaning for life in the universe, and you are PART of it, but individual life doesn't mean much.

5. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

@Kgord, I don't think He is unfair, some things have to happen so that we may gain wisdom or lessons from them, then again, as I stated earlier, its our fallen state/sin that puts us as human beings into such a situation {suffering}

6. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

The perspective of god being unfair in my opinion is because we don't have the capacity to see the bigger picture. OK, a kid is born sick, how can that be fair? But what happened in past lives? Do we know that? Isn't that karma?

7. borugalchu

borugalchu Guest

We suffer because God gives the hardest battles to his toughest soldiers, that is how i believe. At the end of it all God has his perfect plan for us. We may wonder why it is not happening now but His timings are always the best:).

8. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

He has a plan. The reason humans suffer simply comes down to the fact that God did not create a bunch of robots to mindlessly do what we're told. He create living, breathing things with free will. In the beginning whenever he created Adam and Eve, they chose to sin simply because he gave them the free will to sin. That's where all of humanities suffering began. God has given everyone free will, and he is a gentleman, which means if you choose to do your own thing, he's not going to push you towards him if you don't want to be pushed. He'll still be there for you, but you have to want to change your life in order to pursue God.

9. MNyte

MNyte Member

No, if God were real, earth would be a side-project - one of the many. Religion has ideals such as earth being the center of life, so this man-made idea is totally wrong.

10. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

There isn't any sort of plan for us we have to make it up as we go along. God will always be out there watching over us whatever we choose for our life is like a book, there's always a beginning and an end that we know but everything in the middle is a mystery even to us we just have to fill the pages. :)