Does The Law Of Moses Still Apply?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rainman, Nov 11, 2015.

1. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Well a lot of it is common sense and common decency, which should always apply...

2. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

Laws are put in place so we have something to abide but our faith is our own. Sure a certain religion has their own covenant and sets of rules in order to become a follower but anything you practice is your own-- no community, no church can tell what to believe in or not. To be part of Judaism or Christianity is to be born with it or to be a convert, atleast that's what I believe.

3. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

The laws of Moses should still apply because they are good guidelines to live by if anything else. They're seen as the cornerstone of much of the current law in society. If you're a Christian and follow the teachings of Christ I think in general you'll be in line with the 10 commandments.

4. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Well, the !0 commandments are supposed to be God's law. I think living your life to support those commandments whether or not you consider yourself to be Christian or not is a good way to live. I think those who have a set of values are living by rules they can depend on, and utilize in their lives hopefully for the greater good. I would not weigh into whether the laws are still good. I mean I think it is pretty evident what laws we should be living by.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Agreed but some Christians, nay, most Christians don't keep the law. If keeping the laws is what should be used to identify the fakes from the real Christians then most Christians aren't Christians at all. Some say that like Paul they aren't under the law. Self-deception?

6. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Well, people are human..and most people who claim to be Christians often don't live that way, but as we all know we aren't too judge. I think those who believe will get their day of judgment when they go before God. Until then we are all free to live our lives as we see fit. All I know is that if the whole Christian saga is real, that God will cut me some slack!!

7. In the running

In the running Well-Known Member

Bingo!! We have a winner!

But no, the laws don't apply anymore. Maybe they had a purpose 2,000 years ago, but there is no purpose anymore. Religion is an antiquated concept that had its day in the sun. It's time to move on people, nothing to see here.......move it along.

8. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

These laws are obsolete?
    Honour thy father and thy mother
    Thou shalt not kill
    Thou shalt not commit adultery
    Thou shalt not steal

If everyone thought so then cheating on a spouse would not hurt so much that it could lead to divorce. Though religion might be hated by most people who embrace promiscuity, there's no denying the fact that keeping these laws would "keep you out of trouble."