Does the Soul Feel?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by ScooterBrandon, Nov 3, 2015.

1. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

If we entertain the notion that the soul exists, does it feel emotion? Does it feel the same range and depth of emotions that normal breathing mortals do?
    Emotions can mostly be attributed to biochemical processes, how do these transfer over to the afterlife?

2. knitmehere

knitmehere Well-Known Member

I don't think that it would feel emotion. I think those are caused by our bodies, brains, and the different chemical reactions that we have. I'd figure that a soul doesn't have those type of things going for it, so there's probably no way for it to feel emotion.

3. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

The soul doesn't feel; it responds to situations and stores the experiences. How does it correspond in the afterlife? It remembers what was said and done that was good and what caused pain and suffering and knows (or is told) that it doesn't help the soul to grow. The soul is a part of you here, and has a personality and how they perceive things, but emotions are caused by reactions and some people (souls) are less affected than others.

4. Sam1am

Sam1am Guest

According to the works of Dr Michael Newton, in his books "Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls", his subjects reported a wide range of emotions while discarnate, especially joy, love, compassion, curiosity, mirth, determination, etc. etc. Of course, a soul cannot experience any "tactile" feelings, such as smooth, rough, hot, cold, etc. unless it is in a physical body.

I highly recommend his work. It will change you.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

The body and soul are very much alike. The only difference is while the body is corporeal, the soul is spiritual. Stories I've read written by people who've had NDEs or OBEs all have make the bold assertion that once the soul is out of the body, it can still feel everything the body used to feel. How everything is transferred from the body to the soul or from the soul to the body is a mystery.

6. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I think it can understand or recall the previous emotions, but a soul doesn't generate an emotion. It doesn't respond in the same way, for example a human may see a dog being badly treated and a human would cry and be angry at what has happened. A soul would know it was wrong and based on experience if they had seen this before would have empathy. A younger soul that had not seen or experienced this would not know how to react or know whether it was wrong, and that's how I feel, that souls may 'feel' things.

7. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I'll need to do a deeper research on this but in my opinion, I believe the Soul does feel, but things that are Spiritual rather that Physical...will be back with more feedback on this, after a little bit extensive research. :)

8. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's possible. If you believe in the soul than it is seen as a part of you. Just like any appendage or vital organ. It isn't in itself a separate entity, but rather a part of you like your consciousness, something you can't see but you can perceive.

9. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

What of the claims that when some people die they can't tell that they are dead. It appears that though they leave their bodies, they don't move on because everything to them is still the same. I read a story about a man who when he had an OBE saw the soul of a dead man walk into a bar and make an attempt to order a beer. Thinking he was being ignored, he got real mad. So maybe souls which haven't moved on can still feel.

10. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Well, one thing that I have heard is that people who have a heart transplant, start to like things that the deceased had loved. For instance. they might be starting to like things like sardines for instance when they never had before. Yes, and you are right there is a biochemical transfer. I think our soul exists and is part of what makes us who we are for better or worse.