Does Trump really want to be president??

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by norms options, Aug 16, 2015.

1. norms options

norms options Well-Known Member

I am wondering what everyone thinks about Donald Trump, and if you think he is really trying to be president or if he is only running to accomplish a different motive. I am of the opinion that he is trying to split the GOP vote to help Hillary Clinton get elected. If you listen to what he is saying recently, it is the opposite position that he has opined in the past, which really reduces his credibility. Also, he is now saying if the GOP does not give him the candidacy, then he will run as an independent, which will take a lot more votes away from the Republican candidate than it will from Hillary. I know he has been a long time supporter of the Clinton family and all of this makes me highly suspicious of his motives.

2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

That's sad. He's a big sore loser if he doesn't get the nod for the republican side that he will go as an independent. Only little kids act that way. He is making this presidential campaign look bad by doing that and saying what he has said in the past. The man is something else.

3. PipCurrencies

PipCurrencies Well-Known Member

I have thought the same thing. It feels too much like when Ross Perot ran in '92 and split the vote giving Bill Clinton the presidency with 42% of the majority (or something like that). It is a shame (and I believe a bit telling) that the politicians in Washington have caused the majority of GOP voters to find Trump refreshing though.

I'm a Carson man myself though. I like how he is never thrown for a loop and he isn't a career politician.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I'm also questioning his motives aswell to be honest because for one I'm not sure he as the necessary backing to become president, and even if he has I seriously doubt he would ever actually get into the Whitehouse.

Where trump is concerned, media attention as always been a priority and it wouldn't surprise me if this is just another example of making sure he's in the spotlight.

5. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I assume he's in the race for real, but obviously I don't have a read one way or another. But, consider this. Regardless of what happens between now and November 2016, Trump has brought forward a number of issues that have energized the voters. I just have the feeling that some of the topics would have been avoided by the other candidates at the behest of their handlers. For that, I am happy to see Trump (and Carson and Fiorina) in the race now. Giddyup.

6. Bluziggy

Bluziggy Guest

The people are tired, broke and scared. Trump brings energy, the promise of jobs & security and that is why people are listening. As a businessman, he's supported D's and R's to get things done...that's not unusual. Trump is criticizing all candidates now, Hillary too. Given his competitive spirit, I think he's in it to win.

7. petesede

petesede Guest

There are 3 possibilities

1. That he is a plant for Hillary, He is talking about all the right issues to make sure Hillary wins.... immigration. If there is an issue that will kill Republicans in a general election it is if Bush has a lot of clips talking about illegal immigration

2. That he really wants to be President

3. That this is just a publicity stunt.. Trump became Trump by exploiting his name.. putting it everywhere. The only reason he is famous is because of those early buildings with his name on them. He sucks at atcual business and has gone bankrupt 5 times, but he can exploit his name just like Kim Kardashian. The more he is in the news now, the more valuable is his ´brand´ later.

8. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I think that the Trump is just really into himself and using the 2016 elections to boost his name/brand. The republicans aren't talking him seriously and neither are the democrats but the entertainment industry definitely is and this will really boost the rating of The Apprentice I tell ya. Let him run it's a free country right?

9. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I am not an American, much more not a voter. But we are quite up to date with US politics since we have relatives and friends in America. My take on Donald Trump is that he is serious with his quest for the presidency. The problem now of the anti-Trump is that the tactless businessman turned political figure is now leading the nomination race of the Republican party. Can you imagine what happens when Trump clashes with Hillary Clinton? Is he going to dig the skeletons in the closet?

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

No, I don't believe that he actually wants to be president. I think this is all a publicity stunt. And I think hes having a bit more fun than he expected to. He loves the attention. And he loves the adoring fans he has. Will he ultimately be president? No. Should he? No. But he's a pretty entertaining figure, I'll give him that.

Tags: