Does Trump really want to be president??

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by norms options, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Raven82

Raven82 Active Member

I do not know Donald Trump personally but I have done business with a number of people that know him well, have done business with him, belong to his Country Club that is 3 miles from where we live etc. Every person that I have talked to about Donald Trump in the last 12 years have had nothing but great things to say about him. I also know about several very unselfish things he has done for people that you will never hear about in the media but I know are true. Let me say that he is actually "In it to Win it" and I am pretty sure that we are looking at our next President.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Some things from his past concern me, and I figured he'd do better in the debate. He also seems to flipflop on things even now such as Planned Parenthood - it's dangerous for a conservative to be in any way supportive of them these days.

I'd vote for him if he got the nomination, but we've got a long way to go, and I'd be shocked if he made it that far. But I wouldn't write him off completely.

[video=youtube;_FAMch5Fexk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FAMch5Fexk[/video]

3. petesede

petesede Guest

It is like this every election cycle. They kick the wheels, but this is going to come down to Bush v Walker and it will be over by super Tuesday. It is funny how everyone thinks the media is biased for the liberals, but then when they do stuff that is clearly for the liberals, you fall for it anyway. The only reason Trump is polling well and getting publicity is because the media is doing it for him. The best way to ensure a Democrat wins next November is to put a microphone in front of Trump now.

4. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

This man is 100% serious.
    Funny thing is he has a lot of supporters.
    People I talk to like him because they say he's the only guy willing to speak his mind.
    Which they are right about, he says whatever he thinks.
    He also panders to a very particular crowd, but that's a crowd that votes.
    I am watching the political scene in Canada and the USA very closely this year. Lots going on.

5. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

I feel that Donald Trump is a joke honestly. He just doesn't want to lose. He definitely has another motive.

6. evelin

evelin Well-Known Member

Rest assured he won't win. I think he does all of these things to gather media attention and public acclamation is all. I personally don't even think he really intends to win. He does this for the eventual popularity.

7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

8. spaceboytaylor

spaceboytaylor Active Member

To be honest, whatever Trump's motives are, I just hope they aren't to actually become the president. I think Trump is akin to a spoiled, hot-headed, school kid and couldn't seriously run a country, and already proved that by proposing to deport 11 million people once he gets into The Oval Office. Of course I wouldn't be totally happy if his only motive, although not totally evil, was to help Hillary win. That would only further prove that this political system is almost totally run by the billionaire class.

Tags: