Donald Trump announces, stirs the liberal media peeps

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Jun 16, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

In the 11 am EDT hour today the Donald announced his candidacy for President. The refreshing speech -- sans teleprompter -- certainly caught the attention of the stammering and stuttering CNN and MSNBC commentators. Trump is polling well enough to ensure an appearance in the forthcoming debates. In the first few minutes after the announcement, naysayers are suggesting this Is just ego building. Perhaps. He certainly touched on many hot buttons. Staying power will be questioned, some pundits will be dismissive, but the Donald is not Ross Perot. In my opinion, the 2016 election has become more interesting and fun.

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

3. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

Politics is indeed an interesting and surprising part of society. The US elections will truly be another election the world is going to watch out for. Candidates have already announced their candidacy and some are already doing their own works in courting voters. I'm looking forward to the debates these candidates will undergo soon.

4. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

The only people who should concern themselves with Donald Trump's candidacy are most of the other GOP candidates. Obviously he won't win the nomination because he isn't all that popular [and he knows it] but he can complicate matters in the GOP camp. But Trump voted in as president? That's never going to happen which is probably the reason why he won't get the GOP nomination.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

To be honest it's certainly a way for him to get some more publicity but is he really going to be put forward as a legitimate candidate? I highly doubt that to be honest.

Imagine if he does though, and manages to get in the Whitehouse? That would surely shake American politics up!

6. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

Having him in the Oval office is a entertaining idea. But can anyone tell me why he would be a bad choice for a president? He's a successful business man and I think we need someone in office that can actually bring us into the black at years end. None of this disappearing trillion dollars that they US pulls every year.

7. May102014

May102014 Well-Known Member

The 2016 Presidential Elections need to focus on the issues and not clowns seeking attention. Trump is a clown fuel by the new right wing acceptance of coy to blatant racism by using language to demonize those who don't fit the ideal American image. All candidates in this election need to truly focus on the American people and this country. I'm tired of the offensive tactics or resorting to blaming President Obama for blinking too many times. It's childish and I can't stomach it anymore to where you have political commentators and so-called news stations on all cable networks embracing these idiocies for ratings.

8. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Trump is both extremely well known and extremely disliked by the members of the party he is running to represent.

Some political analysts say that Donald Trump isn't in for the long haul. They believe that Donald Trump though he claims to be worth $9 Billion doesn't come close to that and when the time comes for him to "declare his wealth" he'll opt to pull out of the presidential race instead. And then there's this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/16/trump-most-disliked_n_7597722.html
    . . . if a majority of your own party’s likely primary voters say they don’t like you and will never vote for you, it’s a bad sign. Trump may be in the debates, but don’t expect him to win.

9. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

While I agree he isn't going to get the nomination, I do find it amusing how everyone in the media is tripping over themselves to say how he isn't electable. So someone with very little private sector experience can and should be elected twice (Obama), but someone who's created a private sector empire (Trump) is totally unqualified. Cute.

10. Diana Smith

Diana Smith Guest

Donald Trump is a control freak and although he is a business man, he is a very wealthy business man and has very little experience with people who are average Americans and are unable to earn enough to support themselves and their families. From his last attempt of situating himself in the Whitehouse he made himself quite clear. He does not want to raise the minimum wage, he wants to end social security, he generally is all for making the rich get richer and creating an even larger gap between the haves and the have-nots.

Additionally, I find him to be a very arrogant man with a temper and would not trust him to deal with very delicate situations with other nations, especially places like China, Russia, Iran and Israel. Frankly the prospect of Donald Trump in the Whitehouse with send me running back to Australia.