Donald Trump for President?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rosyrain, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

Am I the only one who thinks that running for president of the US is becoming a joke to some people? I just learned that Donald Trump has filed papers to be in the running for the next presidential election! I was listening to a news radio show yesterday and the hosts believe this is all just a game so that he can get some PR for himself and will end up pulling out of the race before he is required to release his earnings. Some think that he does not have nearly as much money as he leads everyone to believe. I am outraged over him even in the running for president, it is just ridiculous.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

He doesn't have a chance of being president or even winning the nomination IMO, but he will definitely make things interesting if he stays in long enough to get into a debate, assuming he'd poll high enough to make one.

I think the best thing he can do if he really wants to help the country is to spend some of his money close to the election on ads that attack Hillary, and air them on any and all networks that will take his money to run them. Not enough people know or care about her problems with integrity, honesty, transparency, conflicts of interest, dealings while Secretary that threatened national security, etc.

3. Sugarhill

Sugarhill Guest

I think Donald had to go ahead and "run" this time because the attention that all of his previous musings/threats diminished each time around. With as many people really putting some skin in the game, he would've been soundly ignored if he hadn't made it official. This is really just a waste of the little money that he is spending, but it may parlay into another year of "The Apprentice".

4. PipCurrencies

PipCurrencies Well-Known Member

If I didn't think it was a publicity stunt I would be embarrassed at this conversation.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Apparently Donald Trump's popularity is fading . . . and fading fast. The moment he called Mexicans "rapists and criminals" the Latinos began to hate him but if he was serious about being president he wouldn't make polarizing remarks.

Trump knows that he doesn't stand a chance but the fact that most people have correctly surmised that he isn't a serious presidential candidate, to prove his critics wrong he might not pull out of the race early [as he'd previously planned].

6. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I heard about the comments he made about Latinos and it disgusted me. At least he is taking a little attention away from Hillary at the moment and maybe that is his whole goal. Instead of publicity stunts he should focus his money and energy in really making a difference in this country. The real presidential focus should be on those who are legitimately running right now.

7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

8. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Those figures are kind of surprising. Nay, they are slightly disturbing. While it would be easy to dismiss the popularity of the two candidates in New Hampshire as not reflecting the views of most Americans what if . . . Republicans elsewhere might prefer Jeb Bush over the other candidates? If the GOP's best candidate is Jeb Bush then I believe the Democrats will win this election very easily.

9. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

If we have learned anything from recent history it is that social media and controversy pays, apparently very well. Sad to think that there could actually be a chance for Trump to actually win just from sheer notarity. In fact if I were to believe the tin hat conspiracy guys he could very well be the next one up to bat if for nothing else to usher in a larger one world corporate structure to commerce and start the ball rolling towards a single monetary structure. Certainly makes one think about TPP. As if on cue you have debt crisis in Greece and now Puerto Rico. In short nothing has really changed but the name of the players.

10. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

Didn't you guys hear his latest speech where he said motherf*ckers and called mexicans rapist? After that speech he is officially done in the race.