Donald Trump for President?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rosyrain, Jun 27, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Doesn't he threaten to stand every time there's an election? I think he's clearly just after the publicity more than anything else, because if it is true, who in their right mind is going to vote for trump? That's if he even gets as far as being nominated, and that's also a big if aswell.

He's never too far away from the spotlight, and this to me is just another way of getting some attention.

I wouldn't take it too seriously to be honest.

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I don't like Donald Trump at all. He's a phony. Pretends to be a conservative but if you look at his political donations they tilt liberal. Even donated to Hillary Clinton. And folks like Anthony Weiner. To be honest, he's an embarrassment to the Republican Party. He makes us look bad. He likes to speak without thinking. I'm not convinced he's not a plant working for the Democrats.

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Think what you will, but @realDonaldTrump speaks his mind and attracts attention. The lawsuit against Univision over the pageant, the NBC huff and fuss, and termination of his Macy's clothing biz keeps his name in the MSM. While some of his ideas seem outlandish, there is a resonance among those who dislike the current Saul Alinsky approach to society. And some of the political chatter beats watching the crud and constant repeats on television these days.

4. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I have come across such item many times in different forums and most responses I read were against Donald Trump. Why, is there a movement to block Mr. Trump from becoming the next president of the USA? Just joking, hahahaaa. I sometimes wonder that people cannot be contented with what they have. Here we are dreaming of thousands of dollars and there he is with millions of dollars dreaming of another dream.

5. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Trump running for president and I think this is the right time for him to do it. If much more time passes no one will take him seriously, so he needs to advance or simply forget the idea.

6. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

He knows he hasn't got any little chance to win the elections. He's doing this just for a little boost of popularity is all. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see a reasonable percentage of people voting for him lol.

7. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

Donald running is actually infuriating. We have real candidates with the opportunity to beat Hillary and he's going to take votes/make a mockery of the republican primaries. Sure, he'll get in peoples faces and the whole TV nonsense, but he's going to take votes and support from candidates who actually deserve it.

Guy needs to use his money in other ways to help the republican party; not further divide it more than it already is.

8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

If nothing else, I hope that his willingness to not pussyfoot around and flipflop and not be afraid of the PC police and the leftist loons will rub off on some of the other candidates. The polls and the fact that RINOs and Democrat strategists are attacking him and urging other Republicans to attack him and not be at all like him tells me that if nothing else he is at least barking up the right tree in a general sense.

Republicans who want to have any shot of winning shouldn't listen to Democratic strategists and hacks for political advice.

9. SilverMill

SilverMill Active Member

I can see that Donald Trump will win the elections. His ambitious, brave call to making America great again isn't bad at all. May God put the right 'Trump' in place to make that good thing happening again. Just like the old days where there was true freedom and justice for all in the land of freedom.

10. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

He will never make it to the final list of candidates that is for sure. He may be a good businessman in his posh New York life style, and that is what nobody wants to see. We want a president that can relate to us average American citizens and understand the struggles that we go through.