Donald Trump for President?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rosyrain, Jun 27, 2015.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Like Hillary Clinton? :D

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Right on, JR. Giddyup.

3. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

LOL! Exactly. To call her "out of touch" would be more than a little bit of an understatement. ;)

4. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

With @realDonaldTrump rallies in Arizona and points west this weekend, the GOP is getting nervous. Bloomberg's piece is somewhat amusing IMO, and food for thought.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...-a-crucial-step-in-getting-to-the-oval-office
    For me, it is akin to taking a stick and poking the bear in the cage... but someone forgot to lock the door... and the bear knows. Interesting times. It's time to bury the Saul Alinsky mantra pervading this country.

5. SilverMill

SilverMill Active Member

Donald Trump 2016 Announcement looks and sounds legit. And he's leading the latest polls. I like him. I like his spunk. He's got guts. He's bold. He's got character. Decisive. He loves all the legal and lawful people of America. Google his "outlandish" announcement on YouTube.

Below looks like a summary of Donald Trump's net worth. He could be even more worth than stated. (Scribd).

6. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Hmm...surprises huh?!...the world is full of surprises...I can't picture Donald Trump as POTUS...maybe with time I'll get used to the idea but I think not ;)...still, I love his 'You are fired!' statement :)...White House better brace themselves when he gets there.

7. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

There seems to be a lot more talk in the news about the republican leadership but not much about the democratic one.
    However with the republicans last "president" Mr. Bush who was completely and utterly incompetent and really put America in a bad place and with Obama coming in and not only fixing things, but doing an amazing job and leaving a great legacy I am surprized there isn't more talk of who is going to be the democratic contender.

8. May102014

May102014 Well-Known Member

Sighs, I don't know if it's a joke or not. Donald Trump is a fool in my opinion. I'm sick of the partisan politics and personal attacks on certain demographics in America for the sake of votes. I need to know what are these candidates going to do to help this country not tell me who they hate and why. It's so juvenile and yet this concept of pure hate politics has propel itself to the forefront of the GOP that they don't really have to tell people what they plan to do. They use code words and phrases to play into the paranoia of people to surge ahead in the polls.

9. melvin

melvin Member

I would have to say most people who voted in past Presidential elections should be disappointed even if they picked any of the last three Presidents to win. All we have seen is more of the same and people call it what it is a "one party system". There will always be different views (right leaning, the middle or left leaning), and after this President's term is up, it will be 24years where the only thing that everyone should agree on is the CAN has been kicked down the road even though it was too big to move. Sure it wasn't just these three who ran up debt but each has produced a climate or continued to allow a climate of corruption in most of the government and throughout the financial industry. Easy to do when the public doesn't want to hear it or is just spoiled into thinking the clowns will make it all go away. I'm not amazed at how people write off Trump, mostly because he has toyed with it before and most grew to believe it was publicity. I have to say he is always seeking attention. Who cares? I certainly don't because I and hope others understand there are also those who will run knowing they never ever could win. They might not even have a message, but will raise money to pay for their campaigns which will largely be ran by their friends, their friends companies and so on.. But here we go again with an outsider who people show interest in, being met by the government media complex who all of a sudden decided to do to their job. The one party system shows itself again. How so? It appears today the GOP is looking nervous, you can bet the Dems are just as nervous. Just like immigration issues over the last few decades (actually more) neither side wanted to deal with it so they play dumb as a fox ignore and distract the publics view to buy time. How this relates to Trump? Two other men(these are not the only examples of outsiders) ran in a primaries one of which also ran in the presidential elections. Not equally popular but were definitely popular in their situation but because of the system of one party they were to be stopped at all costs. Speaking of Perot and Cain. Yes people can say they were done-in by themselves but if that was really 100% or even half accurate then how is anyone elected. We will soon be hearing "Trump is buying his way" and it will come from those who say he doesn't have a chance. Old man Rockefeller had more power than anyone because of his vast fortune, but as he learned having power through money was no match for the Federal Government, at least not after entering the years of the 20th century. If Trump wasn't popular the media would try to make him popular and then kick him aside. I heard Bill O'Reilly ask Trump "How are you going to build a wall on the border?" Trump replied something like" I'm great at building things and I'll make them(Mexico) pay for it". Now everyone can agree that sounds like a Trump statement, but what I find disturbing is Bill O'Reilly, who is more in line with Trump's politics, actually sat and acted like Phil Donahue by following up with "you can't do that, no way it isn't possible" . Then you have all the other stooges who try the silly gotcha journalism, feeding on symbolism over substance like now their kind of substance is equal to the finals at the National Spelling Bee. Oh the media! But then again ask yourself this without crying racism If President Obama's mother was Black and his father was white would we then say President Obama is white?

10. melvin

melvin Member

The Republican party embarrasses itself, it is worthless and backs down to everything. Now people want a scapegoat for things he or almost anyone wouldn't agree with. Trade agreements, IRS issues, Healthcare on and on the list of capitulations . The morons still have the keystone pipeline tied up. Country before party. These clowns live in a bubble of corruption. I wish it was a bubble of denial but GOP is at best the DNC and the DNC is thousands of miles left of San Francisco near Beijing.