Donald Trump for President?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rosyrain, Jun 27, 2015.

1. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

What exactly is Trumps policies anyways?
    I tried to look around the net but it's all just sensationalized news bites.

2. johnalan

johnalan Guest

Has any one here ever read books by Norman Vincent Peale? Before criticism is aimed at the Donald, you might want to. Reason being, the Donald's family with Donald Trump in tow went to Pastor Peale's church growing up. I think we would be hard pressed to find anyone who under Peale's insight and teaching would be in the class of poverty today.

3. petesede

petesede Guest

First Point - Trump became famous only because he put is name on everything.. of course all those buildings are now being torn down.. but still.. he put is name everywhere, and then cashed in on that name recognition later. Running for President does nothing except put his name in the headlines again. He can never win, he will never fly in the early primary states. Polls taken now are meaningless because it is only about name recognition.. the country is not taking the Presidential elections serious enough yet to even know who the other players will be. Trump is spending money now and nobody else is

Second Point - Trump is going to kill the Republican party for the next few elections. Like it or not, the latino community is growing rapidly in the USA, and while illegals cannot vote, their families can, and any attacks like Trump is making is also going to feel like it is targeting legal, voting immigrants. 30 years ago, the Republican Party was winning California. This election, Florida is barely going to be a battleground state, and in 12 years, Texas will be a new battleground state. The middle of this country is moving to the left, you see it with gay marriage, legal marijuana, the confederate flag... issue after issue, the Reps are losing on social issues. Making illegal immigration a main Republican topic is only going to marginalize the party and make the electoral map more of a disaster. The problem being is that while the Republican leaders like Trump are being idiots about social issues, we are losing the important economic battles because of it. The same people who are voting for liberal social issues are also going to go after higher corporate taxes and higher minimum wages and stuff like that. The Reps need to stop making social issues their talking points.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree that Republicans need to stay away from social issues.

But they lose these days because they don't get enough white votes, plain and simple.

It's foolish of them to try to win the Hispanic or black vote - they won't. Dubya didn't, and they won't and don't need to. They will only likely make more white voters "stay home" by pandering to illegals, hispanics, blacks, and other minorities.

And it's also unfortunate that the Repubs tied to the US Chamber of Commerce are apparently willing to forgo political power in order to go along with the left's desire to get as many immigrants into the US as possible. The left wants more Dem voters, and the Chamber and much of the upper class establishment on both sides want more cheap labor and more consumers for their businesses.

5. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

It is too bad GOP can't pick up more Hispanic votes without pandering to the illegal alien situation. I'm white Hispanic (Catalan) and one of my long time business associates is as well (he's Puerto Rican though) and we're both solidly Republicans. Anyway, the culture of valuing hard work, solid devotion to family, and, in some quarters, religiosity should match well with the Republican message, but it never really seems to have taken off.

That said, identity politics aren't something I really care about and I think is too important in American politics these days. For example, I'm supporting Cruz not because he's a Cubano, but because I think he'll defend Constitutional rights, get the economy back on track, and has a chance against Hillary. If any of the other candidates can do so better, he or she is getting my support, regardless of his/her ethnic background, religious affiliation, or gender.

6. allenrexler

allenrexler New Member

I am really on board with Mr. Trump. What does he stand for? I'm not really sure. Fox News sure didn't help out; every question for all the candidates was an attack. His health plan is suspect, but at least he calls out the Washington machine for what it is. I wish he will reveal more of his issues, but he has a lot of characteristics that the American people have fallen in love with. I think of the Donald as an anti-corruption centrist; a strong nationalist who makes sure negotiations at least benefit America as much as foreign nations.

7. JR Ewing

It has been speculated by some pretty smart people that Trump is a Clinton plant, based upon his previous liberal leanings, an apparent friendship with them, prior donations to their foundation, a recent phone conversation he apparently had with Bill, etc.

I have been wondering more and more if perhaps it is true that he agreed to sabotage the Republicans in exchange for favors from Hillary. If he decides to run 3rd party, that will be enough to convince me at least that he wants her to win.

8. JR Ewing

RE: Hispanics, Latina women are the hottest women on earth IMO! :D

[video=youtube;ZjZ7hWWC9mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjZ7hWWC9mo[/video]

9. JR Ewing

[video=youtube;WB1Xkk8CfEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB1Xkk8CfEE[/video]

10. petesede

petesede Guest

History lesson. It was actually Reagan who started the great immigration influx. It was his way to help bust some of the unions in the SW.

I disagree with you only because of women. Whites barely hold a majority in this country at all. And the hispanic population is exploding, so even that will not be true anymore. But my issue with your reasoning is just women.. Yes, whites are 50% and would be enough for Reps to win the WH, but at the same time, 50% of whites are women, and I am not sure you noticed down there, but Reps also have a big problem with woman. Obama won women with 55%... so probably 1/4 of those whites you are counting on voted Dem. And if Hillary wins the nomination?

The numbers just do not lie. Romney was a better candidate than McCain. McCain ran at the worst possible time because there was so much anger against Bush in 2008. When Romney ran, the luster was already off Obama and he wasn´t viewed as a rockstar....and the war issues wasn´t such a big deal against the Republicans. You would think everything should have favored Romney over McCain.. however. McCain actually got MORE votes than Romney.

Trump is going to kill the Reps if he keeps talking about Mexicans as rapists and building a wall and forcing Mexico to pay for it. Within your lifetime, Texas is going to be Dem because of it.