Donald Trump for President?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rosyrain, Jun 27, 2015.

1. chrisanswer

chrisanswer Member

Donald Trump has next to no chance of becoming the next President of the United States. It's a well known fact he's polls highest against other Republicans by quite some margin. It's a less known fact that he polls lowest out of all Republicans when it's a choice between him and Clinton. In other words he's almost certain to win the Republican nomination but on these polls, he'll lose by a landslide against any democrat. The Republicans would do well to choose Jeb Bush, who amazingly despite his terrible campaign, actually polls well against Clinton. What's the reason for Trump's low polling against Democrats? Well, he just about lost every Hispanic when he opened his mouth about immigration. Black people don't vote Republican anyway, and Trumps comments have been so dumb, that anyone with an education higher than high school considers him a liability. The Democrats want Trump to win, that's for sure.

2. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

Yep, that is true, but at least this time he tried. I don't think he will ever become President and I am not seeing him running again either.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Seems like his campaign is starting to fizzle out now. I've been a big critic of his but he didnt do bad in the last debate. Seems like hes been studying a bit more. I expect he'll drop out after New Hampshire. I dont see him winning in Iowa, and I expect New Hampshire will go to someone such as Rubio.

4. FrankieD

FrankieD Well-Known Member

That's just simply untrue. You can't say someone dominating the polls has "next to no chance" of getting elected. The ones who have next to no chance are the ones barely showing up in polls. Trump has a strong chance of becoming President because he has a strong chance of becoming the Republican Nominee. Most analysis after that is just guessing. My guess is that he (as well as Fiorina) would give Hilary a run for her money, unlike most of the other Republican candidates.

5. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

His hardline attitude toward illegal immigrants might cause huge problems for the Trump presidency. There are a lot of Latinos and they will be massively aliented and offended by any move against illegal immigrants, taking it as a racist move against Latinos. There could be riots or worse.

6. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

It IS all a big joke. They know the American people are brainwashed so they'll go with the show. The world is all a stage. It's very sad to see.

7. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

8. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

He seems to be polling well, but everyone is more interested in what other hardline views he comes up with. It is a contradiction on immigration issues as two of his wives have been naturalized as they were immigrants.

As people do vote locally, it all depends on who their representative is, although they do look at the popular vote. There are too many candidates to choose from, and it's the ones with good media coverage that are winning, because the media report it, which is how the public get to find out about things. I hope he doesn't become President, because I really don't think he has the interests of the poor at heart.

9. petesede

petesede Guest

At this time last cycle, Newt was ´dominating´ the polls, a few weeks earlier Caine had been dominating the polls... before that Fred Thompson ( who wasn´t even running yet). Then there was Rick Perry. Last Cycle in the fall, there were no less than 5 different people ´dominating´ the polls with with about 25-30%... and none of them were Romney. Santorim was the one who held the hot potato at the end.. but he could not beat the establishment guy.

This is going to be Bush, with Rubio as the running mate. The machine is not going to allow Cruz or Trump to win the nomination because they know it would be the end of the party for the next 20 years. The party always flirts with the crazy guys on the extreme right, but they never nominate them. Remember in 2000 Bush won as a ´compassionate conservative´ who bragged about his brown nieces and nephews and touted his record of being able to work with Democrats in Texas. And after that you had McCain who was famous for working with Liberman and got called a RINO by Rush and others, and then Romney who was also not ´conservative enough´... The crazy guys get press in the fall, but that is it. They poll well early because Iowa is such a conservative state.

Trump will do no better than 3rd in any state and will be out in February, he certainly isn´t going to dominate anything.

10. Ohh22

Ohh22 Member

I think he isn't president material. He's racist and is a very harsh person. He is very politically incorrect, which I don't think he is someone that should be running the United States. Some people like him, but he's neutral for me.