Donald Trump on The Late Night Show

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rosyrain, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

Here in the US we have a show called The Late Night Show, starring Jimmy Fallon. I really love watching this show. Friday night he hosted Donald Trump as a guest, and it made me dislike Trump even more. He is such an arrogant (you know what )! I really hope he does not make it to the final elections.

2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I had this conversation about Donald Trump last night with an Army Veteran at a local bar. We talked about politics and Trumps name did come up. He said he liked Donald Trump. One of the reasons that stood out to me was that from what I was just told, Trump was not accepting any contributions from major business for campaign contributions. I haven't looked into that yet, but that was a good sign that for once a president couldn't be bought and paid for before hand.

Yes I just watched the interview with Jimmy Fallon and I be honest, he does have a vision and strong headed about it. Here's the interview if you've missed it.

[video=youtube;Em5VbppJ250]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em5VbppJ250[/video]

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

From the looks of it, Donald Trump is headed for the White House unless a messiah of sorts would come along. Over here, his counterpart is Grace Poe who seems to be right in anything she does. That's popularity. And with the digital age, the so called trending helps a lot because people are encouraged on an issue just by that treding thing. That bandwagon effect will surely do good to Trump based on the present atmosphere. So what can the Democrats do? Forget the smear, find a suitable competition for Trump.

4. mooray

mooray Well-Known Member

It actually started out as joke but now I think Donald Trump is a serious contender. You know what? I am tired of talking about Donald Trump all the time. His face is just all over the media people confuse him with a popular advert. He sounds so xenophobic and I would hate it if he becomes the president.

5. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

Donald Trump is unapologetically himself and I admire his honesty but that's what I also hate about him. He's arrogant! He's hateful and he's the worst kind of conservative out there. There are many other politicians in the party that could carry the presidency well but not him. Please, please anyone but him.

6. spaceboytaylor

spaceboytaylor Active Member

I don't really get why he's still running strong. He's just a plain unlikable person with no real plan for presidency other than getting rid of the immigrants and making the country more like a business (a government is not a business it's a country running system for PEOPLE not products).

7. Kicker774

Kicker774 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how long he can keep up the act without providing any real tax/economic plans. Aside from make Mexico/China/Albania pay for it.

Overtime one of the establishment Republicans with fully laid out plans may rise to the top.

What I will get a kick out of the most is if Trump says 'To hell with this pledge I'm running as an Independent now!'

8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure you leftists and militants will love it if he does decide to take his ball and go home by running independent. If he does that, it will be obvious that he was a Dem plant all along - I wouldn't put it past Obama, Hillary, Harry Reid, et al.

I am glad that it's looking more and more like Hillary won't be a viable candidate. I'm sure you on the far left would be glad if Sanders actually got elected - which would make us be the next Greece in 5 years instead of 25.

9. 111kg

111kg Guest

Ok, he's arrogant. But does this mean he's a bad manager too? Sure, he may have had some failures, but that's pretty normal for any entrepreneur (except JR Ewing here :D :D), but he is also one of the richest people in the world. Why would anyone not pick him just because he's arrogant? You don't want a mother Theresa type of person to be the first man in US, do you?

10. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Oh, I've had my share of failures, ups and downs, and hard times - I learned an awful lot 10-20 years ago, and some of those lessons were learned the hard way. And many people I know make me look like a pauper even now. :D