don't buy orders in bulk

Discussion in 'Trade Journals & Stock Tips' started by yossup, Apr 3, 2014.

1. uggonen

uggonen Well-Known Member

Well I'm okay with the fees. They are not that bad if you trade with more money. I never buy shares with less than 500€. That's to keep the fee % low.

2. TraderJK

TraderJK Well-Known Member

It depends on the liquidity of the stock you are trading. You need to know the average daily volume and watch the "time and sales" to see what the average order size is. there is no definitive rule for order sizing, it depends on the specific situation. Make sure that you are trading in reasonable size lots relative to whats available in the market and what the average trade size is. Otherwise, you will have trouble getting filled or, even worse, cutting your position.

3. waseem59

waseem59 Well-Known Member

Ya i agree with you, buying limited orders keeps you tension free and relaxed but buying in bulk can get you down in a problem

4. saintcj

saintcj Guest

If your bulk fund is not complete, if you don't have extra money set aside to buy bulk food, don't make a bulk order.

5. Hansen

Hansen Member

Exactly, this was one of the mistakes I wish I could've avoided when I started out.

6. desperatepower

desperatepower Member

I understand how buying orders in small amounts fill out faster but I don't understand the logic behind buying odd number of shares? How would this have an effect on the speed of it getting filled out?
    Thanks.

7. JadeDoo

JadeDoo Well-Known Member

The guy is speaking nonsense, and everyone that is agreeing with him like Hansen has no idea what their talking about. You notice that none of them, not even one explain the reasoning to it? It's cause they don't know.