Dual Listing Stocks

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by gowiththeflow, Sep 11, 2017.

1. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

Does anyone have any luck trading companies which have listings on more than one stock market under different currencies? I have always fancied these arbitrage situations but never been brave enough to have a go.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Never really bothered doing this much myself, although some big institutions and astute individuals have obviously been able to profit when these securities get temporarily out of whack for whatever reason.

One thing I will do to spread my risk is sometimes use more than one instrument to bet on the same commodity, such as buying roughly 10 shares of IAU for every one share of GLD every time I buy GLD... since I have bought quite a bit of GLD over the years, and since gold via ETF is one of my bigger positions.

3. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

The internet and investment bots allow people and businesses to react so quickly these days that any arbitrage situations might only be there for a split second.

4. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

The margins for arbitrage have been slashed over recent years - is it really worth the risk for private investors?

5. rakhi

rakhi Active Member

A dual-listed company or DLC is a corporate structure in which two corporations function as a single operating business through a legal equalization agreement, but retain separate legal identities and stock exchange listings.

6. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

I think he was talking about shares which have listings in different country stock markets based in different currencies. I dont think there are many arbitrage situations due to the internet with information disseminated in a split second and arbitrage situations quickly recified :)

Tags: