Early Christmas PresentationsD

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by kgord, Oct 18, 2015.

1. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Does the fact that Christmas seem to come earlier and earlier every year get on your nerves? I have already seen a couple of Christmas commercials and it is only October. Plus a radio station I listen to played a Christmas carol last week. I have seen some Christmas items in the store since September, even before Halloween decorations. I mean...where will it all end?

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

It does seem like the run up to Christmas gets earlier and earlier every year, and while I have to admit that I do like Christmas, I think for shops to be selling decorations at this time of year is a bit ridiculous to be honest.

It's starting to spoil Christmas and makes it less special in my opinion. Beginning of December should be when it all starts.

3. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

It was the first of August here when stores started putting up Christmas displays. I do believe that this is way too early. Christmas has become so materialize that it has taken away from it all. I think the middle of November would be early enough and give plenty of time for people to get ready for it. There is such a big build up to it and then it is all over in a day. People get caught up in the madness and overspend and then come January they are having a hard time paying their bills.

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

Halloween is not even here yet and I found a whole mess of Christmas decorations at the dollar store the other day. My mother started to look at them and I pulled her away and said that it was way too early. I refuse to spend my money on Christmas stuff before Halloween and Thanksgiving are done and overwith.