El Nino

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by kgord, Aug 17, 2015.

1. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

As most people know a strong el nino is supposed to be affecting our weather in the coming days. It is something that is supposed to cause storms and above average temperatures for the Northern tier of the country into 2016. Do you think this will happen? OF course the Farmers Almanc disusses a cold snowy winter in 2016, but they always do they seem. I put more creedence in the El nino. Do you expect to have possibly warmer, stormier weather in your area this Fall and winter or average, to below average temps?

2. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

With the onset of global warming mercurial weather is bound to happen. I suspect that raging storms and extreme drought can happen instantaneously in a single city in a span of days. With that in mind we should all be prepared for a dangerous climate anyhow and store food and water.

3. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

Honestly, it's not too much longer before I am expecting some world wide apocalypse to happen, so this doesn't surprise me one bit.

4. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I definitely agree with that last part. We should at least be a little bit prepared for this.

5. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I was told that it was suppose to hit California and maybe, big maybe there, that it will bring some much needed rain, to end the drought. It's going to take a destructive force of nature to save California from another one.