Election Day here in Canada

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by L_B, Oct 20, 2015.

1. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

That is understandable. Even some American engineers and military brass see that project as a gigantic, wasteful fail. As an example, here is an interview with Pierre Sprey who was behind the successful F-16 project and wrote the initial requirements for the A-X program that produced the A-10.

[video=youtube;mxDSiwqM2nw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxDSiwqM2nw[/video]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  2. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Great share thank you.
    The one thing I really don't like about them is they are just not suitable for our country or our military.
    We don't have a huge airforce like the USA, we need crafts that can operate alone or with minimal support. The F-35 is meant to be fielded along with other aircraft. It also doesn't have the range to patrol our North, which should be IMHO a top priority for our military. With Russia asserting more and more pressure and power these days, the fact that we share a border with them but plan to buy equipment that can't even reach it is beyond stupid.

It's almost as if government officials have interests or friends who have major stakes in the companies engineering/producing this aircraft and are making a huge profit off it at the expense of taxpayers, but of course that never happens....

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Oh well of course that NEVER happens!

I think in most countries every party will have its own, hidden agenda as to why they want to govern a country. Unfortunately it seems that representing the people is a side issue to representing and doing the best for themselves in a lot of cases.

I hope this isn't the case in Canada and you have made the right decision. Only time will tell...