European stock markets plunge, U.S. would suffer as well

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by WaveWage, Sep 22, 2015.

1. WaveWage

WaveWage Well-Known Member

Today, the "West countries" markets won't feel so good, it seems. FTSE 100 from UK is -2.3%, meanwhile CAC 40 in France is -3.3% and did DAX -3.1%. Remember that yesterday, DAX also gone down of few tenth of percents, meanwhile other European countries was up. But also, U.S. Future data says that Dow Jones & S&P 500 would be -1.7% and NASDAQ Composite would be -2%.
    The reason they invoke? The uncertainty of the Federal Reserve interest hike and markets are waiting a report about the China's factory (and so manufacturing) data.
    It feels like the Federal Reserve decision is a reason for everything for markets. Before, it was because the decision was unknown. Now, it is because the decision of the next month is unknown. Doesn't they feel like in a circle currently?

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

yeah quite a big down day. A couple more of these and there will be some good buying opportunities!

3. WaveWage

WaveWage Well-Known Member

Then, I recommend you to hope for bad Chinese factory data. I think this is what drives the most the market since the problem of China started, and I guess it started already in July of this year. So it is not fully new.
    But I am not 100% convinced it will go down. It depends. My theory is the following: I would say that Wednesday, it will continue to slightly go down if and only if the factory data the China shows are bad or they still wait for it for a reason I don't know, and then when the Fed speech will happen, Thursday, it depends of the Fed speech, in my opinion. So in short term, it is how I see the thing. But I may be wrong, and I think many investors could.