European Stocks Decline After Fed Decision

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by Rainman, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

After the Fed announcement, interest rates will not be raised for a while, European stocks fluctuated by 0.4%. Investors who thought European stocks would be a good refuge if the interest rates were raised didn't think so anymore when the announcement was made. Does anyone think European markets stocks will dip lower?

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

It appears that markets were hoping for us to finally get off of 7 years of free money. I believe we would have seen a nice pop if this had happened.

It will be nice to eventually see banks start lending again - a quarter point increase would hopefully be a nice stimulus to the US economy after 7 years of zero.

I bought some stocks today I've had my eye on, and bought more of a few I own already that sold off today. I also saw some nice gains on the short side, and took some of the profits off the table on several companies I've owned that popped up today - Vascular Biogenics, Qumu, Majesco, Heat Biologics, Tracon, Macrocure, Finjan Holdings, and Tetraphase, which is up 50% from where I bought it about 10 days ago.