Evil visited Australia!

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Allison2021, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Allison2021

Allison2021 Well-Known Member

I am seething with anger!
    A criminal known to the local police decided to terrorize a candy shop. A crazy man used his concept of Islam to kill and terrorize innocent people. He chose a candy shop! Candy shops is where families may gather to sip hot chocolate. Candy shops are full of women and children, not military men.

These are the situations that make me loose all rationality. I want to temporarily close our borders! I want our government to inspect all know crazy people who have demonstrated criminal behavior. I want our government to deport all foreigners who display criminal behavior. However, I do not want to torture those crazy criminals by our government.
    Am I wrong in feeling this way?

2. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

Wait a minute I thought this guy was a refugee? I don't think I read anywhere that he was a known criminal, he might have been a known radical though. It does seem though that this guy had an agenda, whether it was crazy or not I suppose matters only via perspective.

I get that your mad, but I don't understand how deporting all crazy foreigners is a solution. This was one guy, had this man been an Aussie would you be as angry? Crime has always existed, now we call some of these crimes terrorism. What exactly is a demonstration of criminal behavior? Littering maybe? Sadly some folks do not go off the rails prior to going insane, look at Ted Kaczynski (the uni bomber) or Timothy McVey, no one had a clue till they did what they did. Whether we like it or not we have to be vigilant. Shipping everyone for mental evaluation is no answer.

3. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

It is time the western world got serious about addressing the Jihadist threat and take appropriate measures. I don't mean endless, fruitless, wasteful wars abroad, but rather getting real about who is causing terrorism. This nutcase is a prime example.

4. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

These are the things that send shivers down my spine, in a way, these very instances have made me very alert and made me detest crowded places, i even stopped going to malls to window shop, if i need something from somewhere, i make sure i do it in haste {prevention is better than cure...right} i do my part and let God do the rest...the world is growing crazier and crazier by the day...just perturbing :(

5. ormaybeso

ormaybeso Well-Known Member

I have no idea what these criminals think they're getting out of terrorizing people in this way. It's crazy to even think about, like you said these aren't political leaders, these aren't business men, these aren't even soldiers. They're just innocent people caught in the cross fire or some idiot's plan. Stupid...

6. wulfman

wulfman Guest

7. wulfman

wulfman Guest

The situation seems to have ended, although the final information about either the victims or the shooter still have to be released. I believe the hostage-taker has been killed.

I think that a person should not be considered a terrorist just because of their nationality, or their religious beliefs, and this kind of thing seems to be happening more and more often.

8. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

If push comes to shove then quite obviously [fingers will be pointed at the MUSLIMS] and people will start demanding for deportation or something like that. The fact that jihadis sully the name of Islam and all Muslims by proxy there'll come a time when we are going to see religious war virtually everywhere in the world because that's what jihadists want. They cause trouble for their people hoping that the natives [of the places where they are residing] will respond in type and guess what would happen should such a course of action be followed? Innocent people die. They get more recruits who'll be out for blood. And the religious war goes on . . .

9. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Yea sadly stereotypes will be cast and Muslims that had nothing to do with this will be targeted. Although I read at another forum that Australians are walking side by side with Muslims in an effort to curb any backlash on the Muslim community because of this.

10. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Honestly though I am really trying not to be biased here but Muslims in general seem to have a lot more fundamentalists than other religious groups. There are good Muslims and bad ones. I have had experiences with both. And the same holds for all religions but in my experience, Muslims are more sensitive about their religion compared to others (Jewish, Hindu, Christian, Buddhist etc).