Facebook is taking control of the Apple phone

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by baudwalk, Nov 12, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

If you have an Apple phone that begins with the letter "i" and use Facebook, you are about to be assimilated by the Borg collective https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...is-slowly-eating-your-phones-operating-system.
    Heh...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

This action reminds me of the opening of the classic 1963 TV show The Outer Limits. "There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission..."

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

4. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

More bad news for Twitter because this app might kill Twitter's app "Moments" which also curated news content from different sources. The news [re: launching the app] pleased investors because soon after FB's stock went up by about 1%. I'm almost certain that a lot of people will try this app. It's rather convenient to get all your notifications from one app.

5. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I find people who can't live without their smartphones need therapy. Most get so addicted they freak out of they know there is no power source to recharge. I have never been tempted to have the apple one, and I can now live quite happily with minimal use of any phone after having three in my bag each day. I have a different smartphone, but I am not addicted to it and only use it when I have to.

As for apps, I don't trust them and while it may make things easier, it can also track things that you just don't even realize. People are just too lazy now and compromise their privacy for convenience.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  6. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

Sounds like Apple has a lot of problems with that sort of thing and with security. I'll stick with Android.

7. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

This is why everyone should stick to an android

8. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

Android is my choice and I plan to stick with it.

9. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

Sigh. I have friends that love their Android and non-Apple phones...may have to make the switch.

10. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FWP-8LQaQ

A relevant video related to your post :D

I'm not fond of the all the spying people are trying to do through the use of apps. It seems that with each passing day the world is becoming much more like something out of 1984. How long will it be before you can be arrested for thinking something wrong?

Oh hell lets just be done with it and have exploding thought collars.