Facebook

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Rosyrain, May 28, 2014.

1. Aprax

Aprax Active Member

Twitter is more.. casual than Facebook I'd say. You wouldn't update your Facebook status 5 times a day but if you do on Twitter it's totally normal. Plus you have the option to have frequent information to what celebs post, etc.

2. oranika

oranika Member

I don't think that is happening anytime soon. Here is my reason for saying that. Majority of the underdeveloped and developing world are yet to be connected to the internet. This is a common problem for many of these countries, and Facebook growth will rise more in the underdeveloped countries in future. There is also the fact that many job applications, or online applications generally make it easier for anyone to apply with a Facebook or Twitter account.

3. hnatalieann

hnatalieann Guest

Ya and those older people will die off leaving Facebook while the newer generation is on to something new. So in the long term Facebook will fold. I think they also want to target the younger generation, not older.

4. hnatalieann

hnatalieann Guest

Ya and those older people will die off leaving Facebook while the newer generation is on to something new. So in the long term Facebook will fold. I think they also want to target the younger generation, not older.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  5. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

That's what i 've done two times now, deleting and re-opening my account, due to certain issues, on its growth in the stock market, i don't have a say on that, but if its being given competition, they need to pull their socks.. i guess

6. nashvilleshelby

nashvilleshelby Active Member

This is not far-fetched. Look what happened to myspace. I know that if they start being to strict with advertising they may stand to lose on that end. Only time will tell.

7. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Come on, it's impossible to compare Facebook and myspace, these are two totally different realities and let's face it, Facebook is doing a great job reinventing itself permanently.

8. JaydonTyler

JaydonTyler Well-Known Member

They are doing just that. Well said.
    I dont see anyone beating out Facebook. I mean, the CIA owns it, do you think they would let competition have a chance? Just saying, Facebook is owned by the CIA for a reason.

9. Nick

Nick Guest

Facebook still has a lot of users, it's going to take some time before it starts to disappear like Myspace did. When Facebook first came out one of the main reasons I liked it so much was because of how simple it was. Now it seems like every time I log onto my Facebook something has changed about the site. Facebook has been losing users recently because they have been trying to update their site to much and they keep changing things. No matter how much Facebook is bugging me I still get on it almost everyday. I don't think Facebook is going away anytime soon but I would like to see a new site come in and top Facebook.

10. Hansen

Hansen Member

Personally, I think they're right. Facebook has had it's era. A lot of people are a lot more socially aware of the information that's going out ever since the whole Snowden situation. Infact, I think a lot of smarter people are moving off social media for personal use, and just using it as a marketing and business venture.