Facebook

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Rosyrain, May 28, 2014.

1. Hansen

Hansen Member

Exactly, it's going downhill. I don't think there's much they can do about it.

2. lwhite

lwhite Guest

I don't think Facebook is going anywhere anytime soon. Yeah, it may lose users often, but it is also probably gaining a lot of new users as the older ones leave.

3. JaydonTyler

JaydonTyler Well-Known Member

Yeah, social media has become more of a marketing tool then anything else. Doesnt change anything.. if you have a phone, all your info can be extracted automatically with the software that they use. Your info is known.

Facebook wont be going anywhere. CIA controlled.. as long as it is, it's going to lead they way for social media.

4. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I stumbled across an article on my local newspaper that was saying Facebook days are numbered, scholars predict that social site will lose up to 80 % of users in the next three years, now just like Rosyrain asks, am asking the same question, is this likely to occur, considering Facebook merged recently with Whatsapp, a site i believe to have numerable users or that doesn't matter, what's coming is coming?

5. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Totally got me off-guard there, i didn't have clue that CIA owns Facebook, now i understand why all the snooping around, could be a solid reason why people want to opt out, people value their privacy, understanding that one's privacy is on the line, will set one running for the hills.

6. cmiller

cmiller Active Member

I can go one way or another facebook is very popular and it is not just one group of people that use the site for socializing and as a business platform. At the same time look at myspace another site may be built that may actually overthrow facebook.

7. Annabell

Annabell Well-Known Member

It's a difficult topic. Facebook has become somewhat of a cultural staple, at least for the time being. So many things have entered the mainstream language due to Facebook, and while there are larger numbers of people shutting down their accounts by the day, they don't seem to have any major competitors right now. Which is different to Myspace, as while they were the larger online social media at the time, they had some pretty good competition.

The only thing at the moment which could compete is Twitter. And it's a very different kettle of fish.

8. AlainB

AlainB Member

I'm not sure if you can accurately predict if Facebook's era is coming to an end within a reasonable period, seeing as they have picked up quite a few companies using technological advances. It is, however, the question if they even have a chance to grow anymore. They are one of the biggest internet companies in the world yet growth seems to have stagnated (to a reasonable extent)..

By the way, saying "The CIA owns Facebook" is just a ridiculous statement at this point. Back up your sources please.

9. richc3

richc3 Senior Investor

Customer data is rather valuable nowadays and the only contender remotely with as much information, if not more, is likely just Google.
    If Facebook in itself starts to dwindle, that will take some time. They still have some big dollars behind them that can help them invest and acquire companies to help them diversify or incorporate services into Facebook itself.

Overall, they made some huge revenue gains simply placing ads in their mobile apps. I'm sure they have more moves left.

10. nashvilleshelby

nashvilleshelby Active Member

Very true. I mean facebook has some real power when it comes to info. People put their whole family on there. Likes and dislikes even personal problems. It is really disturbing the amount of info people put on there. The people that are concerned with burning too much time and privacy are moving away!