FACT: Atheists are Lost

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Alejandri, Jul 17, 2015.

1. mybuild2

mybuild2 New Member

To "plant a seed" and expect it to flourish, one must have futile ground. If one is a devout atheist in deep denial that there is a God, chances are pretty slim that a planted seed will have any chance to grow. One must have "wisdom" and that can only be found in the Holy Scriptures. God bless, hope you find that wisdom...

2. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

That is a very impoverished notion of wisdom. I have met very wise people of all belief systems, and very compassionate and giving people, and very intelligent people. Just as there are venal, cruel or moronic people of all belief systems.

Humans are wonderfully diverse. So whomever or whatever is in charge must have wanted that.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I wouldn't say atheists are lost. Yet.

4. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

If indeed there's one true religion and one God then fact is everyone eventually will get the chance to know God. Christians believe that at the end of the world all unbelievers and all those who didn't make it to heaven will be resurrected. This will be the millennium of grace. God will live amongst men and no one will doubt His existence. The test though will be, obedience. Those who fail this test will be lost. Forever. So as yet, I don't think atheists are lost. Strange things happen. I've heard of atheists getting to be religious.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...tians-reveals-what-changed-her-mind-entirely/

5. Thomas

Thomas Guest

In not lost. You might very well be. I follow the rules and mores of a responsible empathetic and intelligent species, Not a multitude of mystery books that no one can agree upon.

6. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

• Like Like x 1
  7. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Same here. I was raised Christian but around the time I turned 15 and started thinking with my own brains I realised that all of this talk about God just makes very little sense to me. When you look at it from another point of view, from the one where people use religion as a way to control others, it suddenly makes more sense. Easy to keep people in check if they believe that somehow an allmighty creature will know of every single bad thing they do and then condemn you to live in eternal torture for your sins. Also paying money to the church apparently makes it all ok. :D

So yeah, started thinking and became an atheist. Most of my family is still Christian though but they are not hugely religious or anything.

8. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Question though is why do they lose their faith? There was an adventist preacher who become an atheist. One would think someone who's been telling people about God ought to have more faith? But Christianity isn't all about faith. Those who actually live as the scriptures demand actually do experience the Supernatural. They get to SEE what others don't. Those who haven't SEEN or experienced the presence of God will doubt His existence but He doesn't need to prove Himself to anyone because we all eventually die and on other side . . . if you believed your life ends in oblivion — in darkness you shall be forever.

9. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

OK, so you have some recent statistics suggesting atheism is on the increase. How on earth does this lead you to believe that all atheists are "lost"? Lost in what way?

10. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Guest

I was a Christian until I woke up and watched the ones who preach the omighty bible and realized. How big of bigots that they are. They tell you not to do this or say that. But when their not in church their out doing exactly what they tell you not to do. I have a brother in law who's a preacher and is the biggest 2 face liar I ever meet and mother in law who puts people down and accuses people of things. And what's funny they call themselves christians. I've denounced my christian faith but I'm not a atheist either I consider myself pagan. I study the old ways use herbs and study witch craft. If you look at the history of Christianity it's based on pagan beliefs they took their holidays from pagan holidays. I don't believe in something that you can't prove is real.