FACT: Atheists are Lost

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Alejandri, Jul 17, 2015.

1. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I lost my faith, because I was always curious about the world around me. I went to church like most kids do because they are told to do it. I believed in it but I use to question everything. Curiosity and faith do not mix. It just doesn't make any sense!! If you start to question anything the bible says you will always get the same answer, "have faith". That isn't an answer. That's saying "I don't know the answer, but you just have to trust me and believe what I say". Just have faith. Faith in lies and stories of fantasy.

Come on now. These fantasy stories are made up and are so far fetched that if you really believe them, then you should be committed to a insane asylum. Men living in a big fish for days, the planet being flooded, rivers turn into blood? How silly can it get. I can't believe in any of that.

2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

Let's not forget about the countless priest that have molested quire boys and had sexual relations outside of their marriage. These guys aren't lost,. they are plain sick. Check out this little cry baby.

[video=youtube_share;pCpeeaIfF9c]https://youtu.be/pCpeeaIfF9c?t=16s[/video]

3. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

Atheists are lost and religious people aren't? I feel that to reach salvation we need to do good actions regardless of our beliefs, so what does it matter if I am a priest if I am raping young boys?

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

It seems that in today's society, people are losing trust and faith in most things, the fact that atheism is on the increase comes as no surprise.

Everyone needs to live their own life the best way that they see fit, so for me it's not really anybody else's place to judge others.

5. In the running

In the running Well-Known Member

By that post alone, I can conclude only one thing. Two actually.

The people aren't lost as much as the definition seems to be misunderstood and/or subjective.

That, and your bias is perfectly obvious.

Personally, I don't care what a persons religious beliefs are. It's personal and it doesn't effect the way I deal with them.

6. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

But you just did judge by equating being atheist with 1) "losing" a default state of faith ergo being abnormal and 2) being part of some nasty modern trend and as such a bad thing.

Which just shows how deeply imbedded negative stereotypes about atheists are, and how it takes a real effort to actually not "judge" people just for being different from ourselves.

For the record I have a deep and abiding faith in my family, country, species, the laws of the natural world, the glory of art and music, and the love of my dogs. I am just not a follower of a religion that includes Gods.

7. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

Most religions commit atrocities in name of a fictionary character. Atheists rarely do any of that, because, well, they are way more ethical than religious people. Now I'm no trying to generalize, but the most part of the religious people, it's just that way, and I personally believe we should give credit to atheists for putting reason in front of emotion.

8. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Forget not that North Korea is an atheist state and once can't number the atrocities committed by atheists over there. We can't judge people by their faith or their lack of it. Atheists aren't better than religious folks. People are cruel and as long as whatever they do benefits them [it hardly matters if they are atheists or theists] they'll do anything to get what they want.

9. In the running

In the running Well-Known Member

And that is why labels are detrimental. They get in the way of seeing people as who, or what, they really are. That in turn leads to misunderstandings, then arguments, then fights and finally......wars.

it's sad that we, as a race, haven't yet evolved to the point where we strip away the labels and see each other for who we truly are.

10. Olga

Olga Member

The real picture is that atheism is not coming out anywhere with any kind of propaganda some belief or disbelief. It's not a matter to proof somebody that religion doesn't exist. We just not keeping in our minds such a thermin as God. Or better to say we are treating truth as a leader ( God).
    So much shit is done because of blocked mind on religion through whole history of human beings. And people, who could understand it just stood away from the crowd pointing it by simple logic.
    It's not a reason to convert other in atheism - it's a question how many will wake up from this utopia dream, imaginary world without any clear future.