FACT: Atheists are Lost

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Alejandri, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

There is a small difference there Josh. North Korean people don't have free access to information and freedom of speech unlike the rest of us around the world (unless you are in China, Russia or wait..., quite a few other countries...).

2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I think the media has demonized North Korea. I for one don't agree with things that I hear about Kim and his rule, but all I know is second hand knowledge and everything that gets broadcast. I traveled parts of Asia and people ask where I am from. I tell them I am from America, but they go on to say, they can't believe it, "you're not white". Sounds really ignorant, but is it their fault that they learned everything from the media?

Now look at out situation here. You as well as others think that all North Koreans are subjected to atrocities. Is this first hand knowledge or just things that you picked up from FOX news or Wikipedia? There are a lot of Alzazeera viewers that despise the West because of it's policies but have not set foot out of their own countries top make a first hand impression.

In America we have it's own citizens shooting others in the name of ISIS. Does it mean the whole USA is turning in to ISIS members? American is predominantly Christians. Does it mean everyone is Christian? Nope. You be surprise as to how many people in other countries think that we are all white people that are Christian.

The point I'm making is this, I know that there is quite a few people that want out of North Korea. Every country was those kinds of people. But there are actual people there in North Korea that believe Kim is a god. Just like how people believe that Jesus was the son of god and some even worship him like one.

3. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

I don't think that they are lost, just because some of those people who identify as atheists but don't know the real meaning of the word doesn't mean that every single of the humans who identify as atheists are lost, they usually are really smart people. We need to stop generalizing people!

4. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

From a religious standpoint, this is true, but this is a terrible way to reach out to someone who does not believe.

5. GeeCee

GeeCee Member

As a Christian, I can tell you that if he just doesn't want to believe in God, it's not my job to convince him. It's just my job to tell him, and if he doesn't accept it, then I just move on. I'll love them no matter what they may think or believe, but in the end, I can't be the one to change them, nor will I be. There is a higher power that does that.

6. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that you think believing in God is a choice per se. When I was a teen I actually tried to just decide to believe in God, but it did not work. For whatever reason I just do not see/feel the world as working that way. I could no more just decide to change that than just decide to become homosexual, or just decide to like classical music. These things are a bit more deep-seated than selecting what to wear or how to style my hair. They are fundamental intuitions about the nature of reality. They can change, but not just through rational choice.

But in any case, yeah, trying to just get people to change these things via verbal argument is pretty futile. Perhaps out goal should be to understand and respect the other as they are, not to change them?

7. MNyte

MNyte Member

No atheist is lost - they merely entwine their ideal with the definition of atheist. Honestly, not too many people like to admit being an atheist, and would rather say that they are in disbelief that a god exists.

8. cabrannon529

cabrannon529 Member

Yes, while atheism in the U.S. may be growing, I agree with your statement, OP. More and more people are just becoming collectively lost. It saddens me, because I'm lost spiritually, too. I consider myself agnostic because I have no idea what to believe. Is there a god? How can we know? So many questions.

9. Bluziggy

Bluziggy Guest

To be lost, one is without knowledge of their subject. We get lost when we're without a map, a plan etc. We don't "know" where we're going or how to get there without some effort. An atheist, IMHO, does not know God and therefore does not believe in Him because they have not sought out a relationship with Him. To know Him requires the study of his word (the Bible) faith to believe His word and obedience to walk the path He's chosen for us. As one knows their family and friends, knowing God requires an intimate relationship with Him. When that relationship is established, it will be impossible to be lost.

10. User911

User911 Well-Known Member

I think there are various reasons that have contributed to our moving away from God. Oddly enough, with our economic success (we still have so much more than the rest of the world) comes arrogance and an independent mindset that says we don't need God. We have also encountered great destruction in the family unit, which REALLY leaves young people lost and vulnerable to any idea that comes along. There are a lot of walking wounded from divorced families and they don't even know it. There is also a push from atheist activist groups who seemed to be "offended" by the smallest public recognition of God. Whether people want to admit it or not, our nation was founded upon the Judeo-Christian principles and those humble, time-tested principles had a lot to do with our nation's success. The farther we get away from those principles and allow others to strip away those guidelines, the more America will decline. No other nation has had near the success that we have had. Something was special about the U.S.