Fed Up

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by Gelsemium, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

You are welcome. Strange why they don't want to label GMO food when it is allegedly so good, they should be proud of it, advertise it, not hide it away. :)

Not like the organic produce, no one has to campaign and force them to mark their produce as organic... they just advertise the fact.... I wonder why :confused:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2689138/ORGANIC-DIET-SUPERIOR-SAYS-REPORT.html

2. troutski

troutski Guest

It's the same old same with governments and companies looking for profits rather than looking out for the well-being of the rest of us. Still, schools and parents should actively do what's best for children and teens when it comes to foods rather than just going with the norm, AKA whatever the big companies say.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't surprise me these days. Do you have a link for that?

4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Government supports food industries since they are crooked about how they handle food safety. Its sad since I could remember being in school and not wanting the food being made in the cafeteria. I think that the kids suffer dearly so I am not surprised food industry turns a blind eye.

5. jondjacob

jondjacob Well-Known Member

Look at Gluten Free in the US, if companies feel like they are going to make profit and sell more they jump on the band wagon. I think we're not long from non-GMO being a fad too...a good fad, but a fad nonetheless.

6. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I also rarely ate the cafeteria's food when I was in school, and nowadays the food the kids get might be even worse, a lot of more processed stuff.
    Hopefully we see an increase in the quality of the food provided in schools, more salads and vegetables and a lot less hotdogs and pizzas.

7. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Actually I saw it recently in some Jon Steward Daily show, I can recall the exact number, but maybe from a couple of months ago because we here just see them two months later. :)

8. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

It's amazing how big companies play with health, food, war, with anything just to get profit, integrity is something long gone, profit is all that matters.

9. jondjacob

jondjacob Well-Known Member

I would say that there are companies that a majority of the employees are working for a greater purpose...they just don't make headlines. A lot of things are happening out there; that said, we do need to keep watch of the bad eggs.

10. allswl

allswl Member

I don't believe that American are clueless as to what happens when big corporation are in the mix. They expect it. Now kids eat what their parents put n front of them period. If you believe that changing school menus is going to change anything seriously then you are gravely mistaken. Kids eat at least once at school and many times when they are at home. Now with state administrators facing reduced funds to run schools and the fact that providing more healthy meals cost more, what do we really expect.